Vikings (6-6) @ Bucs (7-5)

ravishingone

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well your team is certainly good this year, but I was expecting greatness. What's not clicking? 

Still, I don't think Minnesota is ready yet to overcome a team as good as yours, but I saw a 14-2 team before the year started and now I see a 10-6 team to end it.

What gives? 

Coaching is holding us back. Trying to make players fit the system rather than making a system around our players strengths.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Coaching is holding us back. Trying to make players fit the system rather than making a system around our players strengths.

Also, even with the hype, I'm not sure how anyone saw a 14-2 type team here, especially with no offseason. There's still a lot of players who have no idea how to win and have never been in a playoff race, let alone a championship contender. Brady alone wasn't going to change the losing culture overnight. 

11-5-ish is what I honestly believed most people who followed this team prior to this March expected. Now, that's not to say we shouldn't be better, we absolutely should be. The coaching isn't helping anything. 

5 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Also, even with the hype, I'm not sure how anyone saw a 14-2 type team here, especially with no offseason. There's still a lot of players who have no idea how to win and have never been in a playoff race, let alone a championship contender. Brady alone wasn't going to change the losing culture overnight. 

11-5-ish is what I honestly believed most people who followed this team prior to this March expected. Now, that's not to say we shouldn't be better, we absolutely should be. The coaching isn't helping anything. 

Very true

I thought best case 12-4 

More likely 10-6

It just feels like the coaching staff got their guys in free agency and said "ok we're good, we got the GOAT , who needs to gameplan?"

We've been skating by on Brady and talented pass catchers with close to zero creativity 

I'm confident the bye week did some good though... I mean thats all we can hope

If the Bucs don't come out and fire on all cylinders on offense after having 2 weeks off to prepare, rest, and refocus, start looking forward to next year with no Bruce Arians around. I can already see the Bucs coming out taking 3 deep shots with the Vikings in Cover 3 and, going three and out. Honestly if that happens don't even wait till the end of the season, fire Bruce Arians on the spot right there and then because if after 2 weeks of reflection he still hasn't realized you can't chuck it deep every play to win, then I don't even know what to say. However I'm optimistic and expecting there to be a much better gameplan in place with a greater emphasis on the run and short passing early on.