The drops...

mwalker

The Steelers lead the league in dropped passes (10 more than any other team, if I read correctly).
It's fine losing a game, I never thought we'd go undefeated (not sure going into the playoffs undefeated
is a good thing, anyway, but these drops are hurting us pretty bad. Ebron has always dropped way too many,
that's been the critique of him since he came into the league, but DJ, damn man. 

Anyhow, something we need to clean up if we have any real chance at a championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

Anyhow, something we need to clean up if we have any real chance at a championship.

this is on the WR's and TE's. 

The lack of run game is what will cost this season.   It's back to ben passing 50+ times a game and the defence tiring and losing the game at the end.  Whatever happened to running and then once in a decent lead, running more? Ben gets his wish, it's a passing team first, and the run is just to give his arm/elbow (can't forget thet) a  rest.

we are going in the wrong direction and have  been for a while. Other teams are going in the right direction, so perhaps they will continue to win while we continue to lose (some games) ? Then in the playoffs, what do you think happens if we can't /won't run the ball in bad weather?

Edited by 3rivers

13 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Yea, that's what I saw, / was referencing, cheers.

I knew I saw it somewhere too. PFF has similar stats. Drops are weird, everyone usually has their own numbers. But ESPN, PFF, and PFR all have us at the top (PFR only had us through 11 games) so I think it’s safe to say we are the worst. 

I think a few guys, mainly Ebron, like to make business decisions. I really dislike Ebron as a player. He's just soft. They went for a discount move TE and they got themselves just that. He can't block, he doesn't fight for yards, and at the slightest sense of a big hit he gives up on the ball.

The offense is 100% stale otherwise. They don't even need the deep passing game going. They need to start clicking in the intermediate area. They had flashes tonight, but it isn't a consistent threat. If you throw short of the sticks every....

You know what? It's just a really predictable and ****ty offensive design. That sums it up.

I will not be popular for saying this, but I think Haley was a great counter weight to Ben. A very good coordinator.
Yes, his short yardage and goal line play calling was odd, but overall, he made Ben better.
Fitchner does what Ben wants (let Ben make all the calls and throw every time) and maybe Canada is the real heir apparent,
but I think Haley was great and we've regressed a bit. Ben is the difference, but he won't be for long.

There. Said it. 

And again, after all that's been said (by me too) we're 11-1. It's a great season.

Just want to win this and be built for more than just Ben. 

3 hours ago, mwalker said:

I will not be popular for saying this, but I think Haley was a great counter weight to Ben. A very good coordinator.
Yes, his short yardage and goal line play calling was odd, but overall, he made Ben better.
Fitchner does what Ben wants (let Ben make all the calls and throw every time) and maybe Canada is the real heir apparent,
but I think Haley was great and we've regressed a bit. Ben is the difference, but he won't be for long.

There. Said it. 

And again, after all that's been said (by me too) we're 11-1. It's a great season.

Just want to win this and be built for more than just Ben. 

I never understood all the hate towards haley, not exactly the way I would want but still much better than fichner who is terrible . Of course we had a much better OL and OL coach back then too, but still, at least we ran and had legit play action. I can't stand the way the offence is if they are to pass all the time.  NO balance, no chance, no way they can defeat the better teams like the play calling of last night. 

This is tough to say, but I think we were all spoiled by AB. I can remember him just working the juggs machine to death to be the best he could be. We’re not backstage with the team, but I haven’t heard a single story of guys doing extra work to try and stop the drops, and with all the drops you would think we’d hear something. There was a reason AB was drafted late and became the best WR in the game, and none of our guys seem to have the same drive. We have so much talent at WR and yet they’re just average because they can’t catch. If it was me coaching I’m having the whole reciever group doing nothing but catching 2-3 days in a row