The Ga❌e has been canceled

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from a ridiculous scenario where someone ends up 1-0 or 2-0, what reason was that again?

If that was the case, they would've made the minimum 4 games, not 6. Try again.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And where did I say just because it's OSU? Also, the fact that 90% of my frustration is geared towards canceling vs. UM (which, to be fair, I don't expect you to understand), 2020 in general, or the fact that it's about a bunch of random freak occurrences are going completely over your head.

lol nothing has "gone over my head" dude. I understand the frustration. It's out of people's controls but they put the threshold in place. That's the fact. The B1G put it in place. Not the teams. 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

When was that...a month ago?

lol 2 weeks ago but do you.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I criticized them for not allowing Nebraska to play an OOC game back then to. But, keep your false narrative there. It's easier that way.

I didn't mention how you felt about it lol. I've been speaking about the B1G the entire time but I'm glad you think I was talking about you.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Me? No, I didn't. I don't have an affiliation with Ohio State. As for the rest, see above.

lol don't know why I expected anything else...

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Has the NFL cancelled a single game?

You are missing the point. This is 100% about money. Its not about whats 'fair' or sugary sweet for competitive balance with peoples feelings involved.

When the B1G has a representative in the Playoff, they make more money. The NCAA is strictly driven by money. When a team as valuable and drives as much revenue as OSU does is there, they make sure they play so they can make money.

If this was UM, PENN, or WIS it would be the same way. The conference would fight to get them in because of what? Thats right, MONEY, ratings, viewership, revenueeeeeeee.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Also, 10/10 for Wisconsin fans that are laughing at the possibility of us not being nationally relevant/getting blown out on a big stage. Thanks, I needed that laugh today. LOL

I have no affiliation with Wisconsin so it has no effect on me personally. 

And I love how you referred to OSU as "us" after the schtick you just tried to pull. Loosen your tampon lol.

Oh and I didn't laugh. Man, you're on one right now.

Edited by beekay414

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You are missing the point. This is 100% about money. Its not about whats 'fair' or sugary sweet for competitive balance with peoples feelings involved.

When the B1G has a representative in the Playoff, they make more money. The NCAA is strictly driven by money. When a team as valuable and drives as much revenue as OSU does is there, they make sure they play so they can make money.

If this was UM, PENN, or WIS it would be the same way. The conference would fight to get them in because of what? Thats right, MONEY, ratings, viewership, revenueeeeeeee.

I'm not missing anything. I know exactly what it's about. 

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So why is this shocking news to you then

lol it's not. Never has been. Thus the "lol watch the B1G make Purdue/Minnesota cancel" part of my post. It's the mockery that the B1G has made of this season that's the problem. This isn't even about Ohio State themselves tbqh. Everyone and their mom knew they'd amend the rules to get Ohio State in. 

Edited by beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

have no affiliation with Wisconsin so it has no effect on me personally. 

And I love how you referred to OSU as "us" after the schtick you just tried to pull.

I’m glad you can pick up on something I blatantly posted for effect 😂 

Loosen your tampon lol.

I’m not sure where to begin with this one. I didn’t realize it was 1985 again.

Oh and I didn't laugh. Man, you're on one right now.

On one? 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's the mockery that the B1G has made of this season that's the problem. This isn't even about Ohio State themselves tbqh.

That has been my entire point this whole time on a non UM/OSU front. 

TBH, about 5 teams should leave this conference and see what happens. It’s almost as bad as the PAC.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m glad you can pick up on something I blatantly posted for effect 😂 

I'm sure you did 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That has been my entire point this whole time on a non UM/OSU front. 

TBH, about 5 teams should leave this conference and see what happens. It’s almost as bad as the PAC.

But yet you automatically took it as a slight at Ohio State, which happens every ******* time someone mentions them in any perceived negative way. I was speaking on the B1G the entire time and it should've been obvious when I said they might as well tell everyone else they don't matter. I never said anything about Ohio State being the issue. They are the benefactor based on who they are but this whole interaction was about the B1G.

It's just stupid to put the rules in place and then, when something that they knew could potentially happen that would cost them major money happens, they gotta backtrack and look like idiots...again.

Edited by beekay414

I just don't get why the lot of you are so jumpy on anything that can be perceived negatively about Ohio State. Maybe it comes from being at the top because it happens with Bama and Clemson fans too but I'll never understand being so highly defensive when highly successful. ****, Duke basketball fans do it too. I'm a UNC basketball fan and I'm definitely harder on that program than any outsider will ever be. Want proof? Go to the basketball forum and find any UNC slander. I typically agree with the people that bring them up.

I don't know, fellas. I'm sorry if I pissed y'all off for whatever reason but my issue is with the bull**** being pulled by the B1G and how predictable it all was. Just a bad look. BTW, Ohio State doesn't bring creditability to the B1G. They bring creditability to themselves. The rest of the B1G typically gets **** on anyways. Rightfully so, in 95% of the cases.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t blame the Big 10 for financially bending over for OSU. That is THE moneymaker in football.

BK is right, it’s ethically foul.

However, it’s always going to be this way. Remove OSU and the Big 10 becomes the PAC 12 right now.

I feel that you and malibu are the only two that embrace what you are rather than getting pissy at any little thing about Ohio State. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't know, fellas. I'm sorry if I pissed y'all off for whatever reason but my issue is with the bull**** being pulled by the B1G and how predictable it all was. Just a bad look. BTW, Ohio State doesn't bring creditability to the B1G. They bring creditability to themselves. The rest of the B1G typically gets **** on anyways. Rightfully so, in 95% of the cases.

I don’t think you did anything wrong.

It’s just reality. OSU is the “dumb jock” school compared to other Big 10 schools. It’s like USC in the PAC 12. Unfortunately they’re the money makers and will be given special treatment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I feel that you and malibu are the only two that embrace what you are rather than getting pissy at any little thing about Ohio State. 

Lol it’s because we both know what OSU is. I’ve lived in Columbus my entire life. If you think the football team is corrupt, I could tell you stories about the university that would appall you.

• Like 1