The Ga❌e has been canceled

bucsfan333

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol watch the B1G make Purdue cancel to save Ohio State. They'd have to announce the game by tomorrow (Indiana-Ohio State part 2) FWIW.

Yeah, because OSU isn't clearly the best team in the B1G. Listen, I get that the memes are hilarious, but the best team in their own conference getting shut out of the title game due to circumstances out of their control in a worldwide pandemic, isn't exactly fair/equitable. 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yeah, because OSU isn't clearly the best team in the B1G. Listen, I get that the memes are hilarious, but the best team in their own conference getting shut out of the title game due to circumstances out of their control in a worldwide pandemic, isn't exactly fair/equitable. 

Doesn't matter if it's fair lol. It's the rules. They wouldn't change those rules if it was anyone else. It's stupid preferential treatment that basically says "hey, none of the rest of you matter to us" and it's total bull****. Now, if Purdue/Minnesota seriously can't go and they can get the **** worked out by the mandated deadlines that THEY put in place, sure, whatever. If they amend it just to appease Ohio State, then the B1G has no credibility going forward.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't matter if it's fair lol. It's the rules. They wouldn't change those rules if it was anyone else. It's stupid preferential treatment that basically says "hey, none of the rest of you matter to us" and it's total bull****. Now, if Purdue/Minnesota seriously can't go and they can get the **** worked out by the mandated deadlines that THEY put in place, sure, whatever. If they amend it just to appease Ohio State, then the B1G has no credibility going forward.

I don't really think it's just OSU though. They just happen to be, undoubtedly, the best team in the conference. If you took out them and out in Wiscy, Michigan, Indiana, I think the B1G would do the exact same thing. They want representation and right now, OSU gives them the best shot at good representation.

I think this is all pointless banter anyway b/c since it was announced so early, they have time to find another opponent and get the minimum required games in.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't matter if it's fair lol. It's the rules. They wouldn't change those rules if it was anyone else. It's stupid preferential treatment that basically says "hey, none of the rest of you matter to us" and it's total bull****.

And my point is, the rule has literally always been stupid. You don't move the season back further into a pandemic and into flu season, and if you actually think that there's a chance of long term cardiomyopathy, you cancel outright. The "it's the rules" argument is a meme. From now on, any time any type of injustice is done, no matter how trivial, I'm posting "Doesn't matter if it's fair lol. It's the rules."

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Now, if Purdue/Minnesota seriously can't go and they can get the **** worked out by the mandated deadlines that THEY put in place, sure, whatever. If they amend it just to appease Ohio State, then the B1G has no credibility going forward.

At this point, I hope Indiana proves Tom Allen "We are going to win a B1G Title here" to be correct.

IU vs. Northwestern, let's do this 

Just now, MWil23 said:

And my point is, the rule has literally always been stupid. You don't move the season back further into a pandemic and into flu season, and if you actually think that there's a chance of long term cardiomyopathy, you cancel outright. The "it's the rules" argument is a meme. From now on, any time any type of injustice is done, no matter how trivial, I'm posting "Doesn't matter if it's fair lol. It's the rules."

Whatever makes ya feel better, my man. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't really think it's just OSU though. They just happen to be, undoubtedly, the best team in the conference. If you took out them and out in Wiscy, Michigan, Indiana, I think the B1G would do the exact same thing. They want representation and right now, OSU gives them the best shot at good representation.

I think this is all pointless banter anyway b/c since it was announced so early, they have time to find another opponent and get the minimum required games in.

Well, they have one day to get it done. They put the Wednesday rule in place. Let's see if they amend it to appease their money maker. LIS, the B1G has no credibility at this point if they do it.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

LIS, the B1G has no credibility at this point if they do it.

They haven’t had any credibility at all in 2020. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever makes ya feel better, my man. 

*Passive admission of me being right noted*

• Like 1

Ideas:

1 - A team we already played it free due to another cancelation. Minnesota/Purdue has to cancel. Nebraska/Indy is free. Would the Big Ten allow us to play the same team twice in one year? 

1a - If not then the Big Ten reschedules opponents from another game and gives OSU an opponent they haven't played yet and other to Nebraska/Indy. Case in point, Neb is free, Big Ten reschedules Rutger and Maryland. Neb plays Rut and OSU plays MD. OR Big Ten reschedules Iowa V Wis. Iowa plays Indy (if Purdue Cancels) and OSU would play WIS. 

2 (My favorite) - An out of conference opponent has a cancelation. Ole Miss can't go against Texas A & M. #4 Buckeyes vs #5 Aggies anyone? Instant Game of the Week. Or the Buckeyes could play #24 Tulsa. 

3  - Big Ten changes the rules so OSU can play due to monopoly bags of money being at risk. 

4 (This one sucks) - Big Ten tells the bucks to go cry them a river. We don't get a 6th game. We don't play for the conference title. We don't get to go to the CFP. We get the Boca Raton bowl. 

MC

Edited by Mastercheddaar
Just saw Cinci v Tulsa canceled too