NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

The NBA is bull for what they did to KD. That’s why the NFL is better and will always be better than the NBA. If they say a player won’t play at least they will do it prior to the game like they did with Dez Bryant. They certainly won’t wait till the mid of the 3 Q to pull Mahomes while he is on the field on offense. 

I get safety and health concerns but that didn’t look organized at all. If KD could’ve gotten pulled he should’ve never been cleared to play. So again the NBA is bull for what they did. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The NBA is bull for what they did to KD. That’s why the NFL is better and will always be better than the NBA. If they say a player won’t play at least they will do it prior to the game like they did with Dez Bryant. They certainly won’t wait till the mid of the 3 Q to pull Mahomes while he is on the field on offense. 

I get safety and health concerns but that didn’t look organized at all. If KD could’ve gotten pulled he should’ve never been cleared to play. So again the NBA is bull for what they did. 

The person who he was in contact with didn't test positive until they pulled him from the gm. Via the rules they cant contact trace until someone test +, so KD prob should have started the gm. Tho he still would have been pulled. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

the NFL also has the benefit of playing one game a week. it's stubborn to compare the leagues for this, there's no precedent for anything like this and the NFL had plenty of covid gaffes

45 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

the NFL also has the benefit of playing one game a week. it's stubborn to compare the leagues for this, there's no precedent for anything like this and the NFL had plenty of covid gaffes

I get what you are saying and yest the NFL had its issues with covid. Im just saying the NFL didnt have a situation where someone was able to play and then in the middle of the game they was pulled. It looks bad for the NBA because it was KD who is top 2 player in the NBA. Again would the NFL give Mahomes the go ahead to play and then in the 3rd Q pull him for safety and health reasons? We had an entire NFL season and that didnt happen. They did say Dez couldnt play right before kickoff and that was the closest we got.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying and yest the NFL had its issues with covid. Im just saying the NFL didnt have a situation where someone was able to play and then in the middle of the game they was pulled. It looks bad for the NBA because it was KD who is top 2 player in the NBA. Again would the NFL give Mahomes the go ahead to play and then in the 3rd Q pull him for safety and health reasons? We had an entire NFL season and that didnt happen. They did say Dez couldnt play right before kickoff and that was the closest we got.

if the NFL had to play 3-4 times a week then it's certainly an issue that could have arose so i'm not buying the shot at the nba here. i agree that it sucks and shouldn't happen but i don't blame them for covid protocols even if they have results like this 

49 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The person who he was in contact with didn't test positive until they pulled him from the gm. Via the rules they cant contact trace until someone test +, so KD prob should have started the gm. Tho he still would have been pulled. 

Idk I just think either KD shouldve started and played the entire game or he shouldve never been cleared to play. Its just a bad look for the NBA to do this especially since its with one of their best players. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

if the NFL had to play 3-4 times a week then it's certainly an issue that could have arose so i'm not buying the shot at the nba here. i agree that it sucks and shouldn't happen but i don't blame them for covid protocols even if they have results like this 

Again I get what you are saying. I just think the NBA couldve handled it differently. The NBA if it even had an ounce of question surrounding KD they shouldve never allowed him to play in the first place. Thats all Im saying. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Again I get what you are saying. I just think the NBA couldve handled it differently. The NBA if it even had an ounce of question surrounding KD they shouldve never allowed him to play in the first place. Thats all Im saying. 

if you get what i'm saying then why'd you make it a nfl vs nba thing lol 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Idk I just think either KD shouldve started and played the entire game or he shouldve never been cleared to play. Its just a bad look for the NBA to do this especially since its with one of their best players. 

i think the only thing they messed up is not letting him start the gm (i don't he got cleared to play before the gm, they just realized via the rules they weren't allowed to make him sit w/o someone testing positive 1st). Even tho there is basically no threat of him being infectious at this point you can't let him play once the + comes in. So it makes sense to pull him from the gm (even tho it doesn't look good). They should prob just let someone explain it better lol.