BDL 2020 Divisional Round - #8 New Orleans Jazz @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

#8 New Orleans Jazz @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• New Orleans Jazz
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2020 at 05:01 AM

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

While ordinarily I'd agree in the NFL, we're in a league where QBs (and tons of other players) get traded midseason and seldom is any point of made of an acclimation period. Plus these are OL members who've been on my team in theory practising and getting reps every week from the start of the year, not dudes brought in off the street or traded.

Plus if we're getting super technical, it should only be 2/5 of the line as the 3 news guys were 2nd string together, so Bitonio and Decker are the new guys to their line 😛

I guess this is a valid point 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

While id partly agree with you, Berlin has a very good secondary and their offense is also not 1 dimensional like NO. New Orleans RBs are pretty terrible and Berlins DL is in the verge of elite in BDL.

Clearly you hate Melvin Gordon, and while I won't bother to change your mind on it, I fully disagree that he's terrible. 

• Like 1

After giving this careful consideration over the past two days. I am going Berlin. I think they are the better overall team just point blank. They are at home, where Rodgers balls out, and I like the play action and defensive approaches they are using. I think the emergence of Aiyuk helps open some things up for their offense. So give me Berlin. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

After giving this careful consideration over the past two days. I am going Berlin. I think they are the better overall team just point blank. They are at home, where Rodgers balls out, and I like the play action and defensive approaches they are using. I think the emergence of Aiyuk helps open some things up for their offense. So give me Berlin. 

I appreciate you liking my defensive approaches.

I have a lot of thoughts on this match-up.

1. I don't think either team has a dominant offensive line, certainly not by BDL standards. Thus, I don't think either team is going to really impose their will in the running game or keep their QB clean in the pocket all game.

2. I was initially skeptical of Berlin's plan to play safeties closer to the LoS, but with so many DBs on the field and New Orleans likely forced to rely on quick passes, I think it works out for them.

3. For as good as Allen has been at times this year, Rodgers might be the best quarterback in the league this season. Playing a heavier starting D-Line today, with the Blitzkrieg going hurry-up to wear them down, was not a good move.

I could commentate on a lot of other little details that I am skeptical of, but the tl;dr is that I'm going with Rodgers and Berlin.