McCarthyism Mafia-Workers of the World Unite!

Daniel

Just now, Malfatron said:

tbh i did not expect this lol

been hinting at this for ages!! last night before i went to bed i even said, think it was to tugboat;

”i see this thread while you’re sleeping”

when you said you were being *nice* to me because you knew my role i figured it was a reference to me having a nice list

when i said i’m not hitching a *wagon* as such on to the town it’s because i am hitching the sleigh haha

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah. Kind of interesting implications for town, If racks is who he says he is, with a strange caveat wincon. 

But it kinda makes sense that he’d be town friendly at least. Need to press this more. 

But Shady’s evolving thing is a lot more suspect. Especially in light of there already being what sounds like a town friendly other role or faction?

I feel good enough about a shady lynch. At the very least, it should add some context to what’s going on with that supposed neutral faction. Which might also shed some light on the other faction with racks and what the subpeonas are really about that shady is so afraid of encumbering “his role”. 

please see my post above yours for why i was reluctant to come clean!!

i could have worked as an in substance doc, and i could have stacked vests on the orca (who i do believe is cop and telling the truth), or i could’ve given a gun or vest to a cleared town, and i could’ve done so on the sly without letting the communists in on where it was coming from, which helps, because i have to survive with the town for me to win!!

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nothing at all that he said was or can be verified, and Father Christmas in McCarthy Mafia doesn’t fit 😂.

It fits imo

Ded Moroz is a legendary figure similar to Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas and Santa Claus who has his roots in Slavic paganism mythology. The tradition of Ded Moroz is mostly spread in East Slavic countries and is an important part of Russian culture. Wikipedia

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Nothing at all that he said was or can be verified, and Father Christmas in McCarthy Mafia doesn’t fit 😂.

huge part of communism was dismantling religion and christian traditions while a huge part of being american is maintaining those wonderful and american traditions 

and given its christmas time i suppose it’s a nice lil wrinkle to the game

and as for verifying

lemme dig my hints up

Just now, Malfatron said:

It fits imo

Ded Moroz is a legendary figure similar to Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas and Santa Claus who has his roots in Slavic paganism mythology. The tradition of Ded Moroz is mostly spread in East Slavic countries and is an important part of Russian culture. Wikipedia

Except he’s not a communist 😂 

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

huge part of communism was dismantling religion and christian traditions while a huge part of being american is maintaining those wonderful and american traditions 

and given its christmas time i suppose it’s a nice lil wrinkle to the game

and as for verifying

lemme dig my hints up

Oh I understand, (See: “Under God being added to the pledge of allegiance) I just don’t believe it. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

It fits imo

Idk..."Similar to Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Santa Claus" doesn't really "fit" with what Shady is saying about the option of siding with the Communists to "destroy Christmas".

People who have played Daniel games before; is he known to throw bizarre Easter egg things in his games?  'Cause this would be one heck of a strange curveball if true.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

should i now?

because i dont.

Then I'm assuming you don't have a move then

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I assume if you’re Warren then your win con is very similar to Touch’s win con in Burn Notice where he had to have Westin die but could only win with town. I’m betting you need McCarthy dead...didn’t you help censure him?

Its not Mccarthy or huac. Like I said though, I'd rather not say.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Idk..."Similar to Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Santa Claus" doesn't really "fit" with what Shady is saying about the option of siding with the Communists to "destroy Christmas".

People who have played Daniel games before; is he known to throw bizarre Easter egg things in his games?  'Cause this would be one heck of a strange curveball if true.

He once made a character that used or was a giant dildo or something like that.

gave that role to Naz

10 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

it depends if you've picked up the hints i've left behind me to this point and i hope you've tacked on to them yeah

i'm off to bed for the night because i've got to wake up at five - normally i just see this thread while you're sleeping due to timezones but given i had today free and y'all stayed up it made for a day of productive information - i still do believe orca, and so i'm sticking with the rack vote.

he sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake

this is me trying to softclaim santa 

11 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

two

suppose i should say this, and this is something you'll know given you've picked up on my hints - my colours aren'tt indicative of my alignment per se, which i am setting to town tonight (i cannot win before i hitch my wagon, er, well, it's not a wagon for me ;)), it's indicative of my character for now until i lock town

11 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

well i have been trying to avoid this for the precise reason that you outline, whereas if i flat out claim the colours that i am (and i do stress, the colours are not my faction as such) then it is certain to give the role away

father christmas is not a faction as such and i can’t win until i hitch my sleigh which i’m doing with the town. but if you knew i was red and green i figured you would guess from there that it’s santa pretty easily given the time of year hence me saying you know the colours it gives the role anyway

no it is two, but i can see why malf, who's tacked on to what i'm getting at, would think it's three (including white), but it's only the other two, and presumably to me that's bc white wouldn't show up on the background

for what it's worth, out of the three colours malf is thinking of, white is the least important and the effect is the same with just the other two

no there are two, but, point being, i see why malf thought there were three - because either the two that my role came with, or them and white, both accord to the character

tugboat’s insistence on the number of the colours thing: christmas colours are red and green but u could say they’re red white green as well, but out of the three white is the least christmasy, i’d say, which is the point i’m getting at 

15 hours ago, Malfatron said:

i did pick up on it. why do you think ive been so nice :)

just need to know what color orca found on another player

15 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

oh you've got it

malf says that he’s been *nice* to me because of knowing my role because of what i’ve said

i take this as meaning santa’s nice list and i think we’re on the same page 

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Following the Russian Revolution, Christmas traditions were actively discouraged because they were considered to be "bourgeois and religious".[9] Similarly, in 1928 Ded Moroz was declared "an ally of the priest and kulak".[10] Nevertheless, the image of Ded Moroz took its current form during Soviet times, becoming the main symbol of the New Year's holiday (Novy God) that replaced Christmas. Some Christmas traditions were revived following the famous letter by Pavel Postyshev, published in Pravda on December 28, 1935.[9] Postyshev believed that the origins of the holiday, which were pre-Christian, were less important than the benefits it could bring to Soviet children.[1