McCarthyism Mafia-Workers of the World Unite!

Daniel

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Then why not just claim who it is 

Because if that person does claim I will kill them. I will not pretend otherwise. My WC requires them to be dead and if I can do that I will. 

All of these questions about the ratio by the way, if we get enough people on one vote I can help figure out some of that stuff. According to Daniel though i only find out how many commies are on the vote count though, not a true census count.

Just now, MWil23 said:

A specific communist person, not lore. Throw in that even if you’re telling the truth you can be redirected if there’s a scum redirect or give to scum, and that’s not ideal. 

that’s just a strong suspicion of mine given my irl knowledge of what subpoenas do, and it’s why i went to give swoosh a vest N2 rather than a gun, because once i had decided to side town the lust for chaos that guns could bring tempered and the rational man in me took the present decision. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

A specific communist person, not lore. Throw in that even if you’re telling the truth you can be redirected if there’s a scum redirect or give to scum, and that’s not ideal. 

Yeah.  That's an unfortunate issue with the value of Shady's role.  Even before he came fully out with it...he claimed a long while back, that he's basically giving out items or something similar.  So hmmm...

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

@rackcs why roleblock me if you thought i was that person

It was part of my tinfoil theory that was proved wrong

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@rackcs I am also curious to hear this. Are you claiming Indy JOAT?

What malf said, yes

Just now, Malfatron said:

rack claimed to have

1 kill, 1 rb, 1 sensor

Just now, rackcs said:

Because if that person does claim I will kill them. I will not pretend otherwise. My WC requires them to be dead and if I can do that I will. 

All of these questions about the ratio by the way, if we get enough people on one vote I can help figure out some of that stuff. According to Daniel though i only find out how many commies are on the vote count though, not a true census count.

So you are able to find out how many commies are on the leading vote getter?

big if true

Just now, Shady Slim said:

that’s just a strong suspicion of mine given my irl knowledge of what subpoenas do, and it’s why i went to give swoosh a vest N2 rather than a gun, because once i had decided to side town the lust for chaos that guns could bring tempered and the rational man in me took the present decision. 

In the instance of McCarthyism, it was solely a first amendment issue. The second component of the ability would actually be a lie detector.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  That's an unfortunate issue with the value of Shady's role.  Even before he came fully out with it...he claimed a long while back, that he's basically giving out items or something similar.  So hmmm...

which is why i wanted to do it in secret so i could wait for a town clear and then just give him vests, which aren’t as harmful if the commies get them but will let me function as a secret doc, which is why i was so reticent to hard claim!!

Just now, MWil23 said:

In the instance of McCarthyism, it was solely a first amendment issue. The second component of the ability would actually be a lie detector.

well then you shouldn’t be worried about theft of items then or redirects no?

i based my guess off what subpoenas do in australia and figured they’d do the same thing - but if there’s no theft that is good!

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

I just really don't get why you're so paranoid that the subpoenas are a scum power.  In context of the theme of this game, they don't really make sense as that.  They're a tool used to incriminate, condemn, and gather information on UnAmerican activities and organizations.

It also still isn't clear to me, if you're worried about that being a scum power and your "wincon" could have been with that side if you chose to...why wouldn't you have just gone that route instead?