1. 1. Player Of The Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • Davante Adams
    • Nick Perry
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Other?

19 minutes ago, dinkus23 said:

No. Again. You sell out every year to win because you have a once in a lifetime talent at the position. Taking into consideration an average NFL career is 3 years, you already have to reload your roster in about 36 months, structure contracts correctly and no FA signing cripples you long term.

Remember that anchor of a contract that DeMarco Murray signed in Philly? Gone within a year. 'Member also that Byron Maxwell contract which paid him top CB money, only to realize he couldn't play 1 game into the season? I 'member! Gone as well... Building a team in year A out of fear of what type of work you might have to do to adjust in year B or C is ******* cowardice.

This must be missed upon you.

All 'dem draft picks tho :D

gosh that sounds so easy.

Here's the "hard" part, I suppose. That selling out ever year thing? That means you don't have Mike Daniels, or David Bakhtiari, or half the other really good players we have right now. It would be pretty cool to be able to sign all the good guys and draft all the good guys just for us. But the obvious answer is that that doesn't happen in real life.

I'm sure you are frustrated wanting all the good players, but you have to be a realist and recognize 31 other teams do too.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Literally NOBODY predicted the amount of injuries on the OL.  We had Justin McCray and Adam Pankey as our tackles to end the game, and both of those players would have been on the PS had it not been for the Don Barclay injury to start the year.  It's literally impossible to argue that the Packers should have invested more into their OL.

Packers should change their name to the above bolded. Letting go of known stable commodities is a gamble, but in sports the promise of the next young up and coming thing has an enticing ring to it, doesn't it?  

More often than not those penny stocks default.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Here's the "hard" part, I suppose. That selling out ever year thing? That means you don't have Mike Daniels, or David Bakhtiari, or half the other really good players we have right now. It would be pretty cool to be able to sign all the good guys and draft all the good guys just for us. But the obvious answer is that that doesn't happen in real life.

I'm sure you are frustrated wanting all the good players, but you have to be a realist and recognize 31 other teams do too.

We want the same things as he does. I just think some of us realize how difficult it truly is. Can you sign guys and get rid of them easily sometimes. Obviously. But that's not typical without ramifications 

Just now, dinkus23 said:

Packers should change their name to the above bolded. Letting go of known stable commodities is a gamble, but in sports the promise of the next young up and coming thing has an enticing ring to it, doesn't it?  

Aside from T.J. Lang, what "known stable" commodities have the Packers let go in recent years that they've regretted?

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How've they played this year?

Legit Curious

1 minute ago, dinkus23 said:

What's the answer? You can't afford keeping everything. You have to go cheaper and hope you're right sometimes 

Just now, CWood21 said:

What exactly is your argument?  They've been among the best players in their position.

When they're on the field, perhaps.

Tough to grade them when they register a zero net snaps played tho, seems to be a packer theme over the past how many years? 

Tough to grade them when they register a zero net snaps played tho, seems to be a packer theme over the past how many years? 

approximately over the last 1/8-1/4 of a season it has been an issue for MD and DB. That's the answer.

So...the Packers FO was supposed to know that those two were going to struggle with injuries?  If that's the case, then that's a totally unrealistic expectation to hold.  The Packers had their contingency plans in place with both Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy.  And they both went down with injury.  You're supposed to tell me that Ted Thompson should have known that they'd be starting PS-caliber OL?

Daniels and David are known commodities. Trying to use the fact they've been hurt as if they aren't valuable members of this team going forward and since they were signed is a hollow point.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

New England signs guys every year. Doesn’t seem to hurt them in the long run. And they have a franchise QB to pay just like us.

Just now, CWood21 said:

So...the Packers FO was supposed to know that those two were going to struggle with injuries?  If that's the case, then that's a totally unrealistic expectation to hold.  The Packers had their contingency plans in place with both Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy.  And they both went down with injury.  You're supposed to tell me that Ted Thompson should have known that they'd be starting PS-caliber OL?

They can't play regardless. Again all his holiness TT...

Wasn't one of the aforementioned a top draft pick?

Just now, RoellPreston88 said:

New England signs guys every year. Doesn’t seem to hurt them in the long run. And they have a franchise QB to pay just like us.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think Tom Brady's cap hit is this year?  Guess without looking it up.

Archived