• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • Davante Adams
    • Nick Perry
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Other?

Just now, Stevein2012 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

No I wouldn't, but these days you pretty much need to be that high to have a chance at them. I don't throw around the term elite very often. The Packers have 2 elite players, Rodgers and Daniels. 

I think to most people elite and blue chip do not mean the same thing.  With that standard though saying something like "it's been a while since Ted has drafted a blue chip player" is a completely meaningless statement because it's a ridiculous expectation at that point.

No it's not. When the draft happens you usually have rankings on the prospects. You peg guys as blue chippers. Those players go really early. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

No it's not. When the draft happens you usually have rankings on the prospects. You peg guys as blue chippers. Those players go really early. 

If only players as good as Von Miller, Kahlil Mack and Aaron Donald are blue chippers yes it's a ridiculous expectation.  Drafting even 1 of those guys in your entire career is good/lucky.  You are stuck on the prospect thing, it doesn't matter what someone is thought of as a prospect it matters what they are as a player.

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

If only players as good as Von Miller, Kahlil Mack and Aaron Donald are blue chippers yes it's a ridiculous expectation.  Drafting even 1 of those guys in your entire career is good/lucky.  You are stuck on the prospect thing, it doesn't matter what someone is thought of as a prospect it matters what they are as a player.

I started this by saying we haven't drafted a blue chip prospect in a long time. Someone said that Kenny Clark is a blue chip player. He was not a blue chip prospect in the draft. I don't associate blue chips to players who are already in the league, it is purely a draft thing.

8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I started this by saying we haven't drafted a blue chip prospect in a long time. Someone said that Kenny Clark is a blue chip player. He was not a blue chip prospect in the draft. I don't associate blue chips to players who are already in the league, it is purely a draft thing.

No you said blue chip player which is what people had an issue with.  I don't think anyone cares about who we draft as a prospect just how they turn out afterwards.

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

kenny clark is unquestionably a blue chip guy right now. 

that or there is like 10 blue chip guys in the nfl.

He's playing like one, I think you could make the argument.  But he needs to do it over a longer period of time to solidify it IMO.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'd stick with Hundley. To go anywhere, this team needs the best QB in football, Rodgers. Anything less than him isnt going to matter in the long run. Our team isnt good enough to make a run with Romo, Kap, Hundley or any other available QB.

Im not a tank the season kind of guy so I'll root for them to win each week but if we end up 5-11, 6-10 it'll pay off in the long run at least.

That's an indictment on how this team has been built over the past 10 years then. 

Over the past 10-15 years how many teams need the best QB in football to win a ring? Apparently only the Packers, and the team with the 2nd best QB in the game just happens to have almost a half dozen of rings with him at the helm, and a GM with balls - who by the way also holds a second job which he's kinda good at.

1 minute ago, dinkus23 said:

That's an indictment on how this team has been built over the past 10 years then. 

Over the past 10-15 years how many teams need the best QB in football to win a ring? Apparently only the Packers, and the team with the 2nd best QB in the game just happens to have almost a half dozen of rings with him at the helm, and a GM with balls - who by the way also holds a second job which he's kinda good at.

I hate this argument so much.  How good are the Patriots without Tom Brady?  How about the Eagles without Carson Wentz?  This whole fallacy that somehow the Packers are built poorly because they lose their star QB is terrible logic.

Just now, dinkus23 said:

1/3 had Brady. Seems pretty high to me.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I hate this argument so much.  How good are the Patriots without Tom Brady?  How about the Eagles without Carson Wentz?  This whole fallacy that somehow the Packers are built poorly because they lose their star QB is terrible logic.

In b4 Matt Cassel

Archived