2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

9 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Not nearly enough love for Christian Wilkins in here.

He’s a stud. I’d actually come close to crying tears of joy if we could land both Roquan Smith and Christian Wilkins in this draft. It won’t happen, but it would make me very happy.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

He’s a stud. I’d actually come close to crying tears of joy if we could land both Roquan Smith and Christian Wilkins in this draft. It won’t happen, but it would make me very happy.

I've been following him since high school, since he lives in the same town as one of my old college roommates. Says Christian the second most athletic kid he's ever seen. Second only to his brother, who I think was a running back.

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What would you guys say to this mock?

1. R. Smith, LB, Georgia

2. C. Ridley, WR, Alabama

3. T. Bryan, DL, Florida

4. D. Dawson, CB, Florida

I ask because this insane mock has us having that ability:

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/29/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-after-week-12/

Is R Smith a pass/edge rusher or a all around LB?

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What would you guys say to this mock?

1. R. Smith, LB, Georgia

2. C. Ridley, WR, Alabama

3. T. Bryan, DL, Florida

4. D. Dawson, CB, Florida

I ask because this insane mock has us having that ability:

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/29/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-after-week-12/

So that person expects to have like 2 firsts and 2 2nds? That would be great. 

18 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This could have some major effects on draft....

Broaddus is such an idiot. Or just has a strange interpretation when it comes to reading into what the owners of the team say.

SJ on Byron Jones yesterday or the day before:

"Byron to some degree is a victim of his many skills. We believe he can be a press corner. We believe he can be a free safety. 

Obviously his strong point is not playing down. At the same time, Jeff Heath is more of a deep safety in terms of what complements his skill set. 

"The one really unique thing about Byron is he's really got great skills to cover tight ends and big receivers. So this is a work in progress for us in seeing where all these guys fit. There's no question in my mind Byron's going to be a big part of what we're about going forward. We've just got to experiment here a little bit with these young guys and see where they fit best because we do have some talented guys that are really good football players. It's just a matter of getting them all in the right spots."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/12/03/cowboys-s-byron-jones-victim-many-skills-degree-says-stephen-jones

It sounds more like Byron could go to CB and Broaddus barely follows the team. If we "lose" Scan I could see Byron taking over an outside CB spot.

Byron -- Lewis in the slot and Awuzie on the other outside. Brown falls into a rotational 4th CB role where he will get plenty of snaps.

Heath moves to FS and Woods or FRAZIOR take the down safety spot. Obviously drafting a safety would help.

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

This makes me crazy. After 2.5 seasons, they need to quit tinkering. He's best suited for CB. Move him there, leave him there. It just shouldn't be a work in progress at this stage in Jones career.  

Archived