2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

22 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This makes me crazy. After 2.5 seasons, they need to quit tinkering. He's best suited for CB. Move him there, leave him there. It just shouldn't be a work in progress at this stage in Jones career.  

I mean that has to be Marinelli right? He's calling the shots as far as defensive alignment. Him and his subordinates. Marinelli is the one working in progress. SJ is saying this but I would think Marinelli is the one who wants him at FS ultimately. Then again I could be wrong. This team is so odd sometimes.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It sounds more like Byron could go to CB and Broaddus barely follows the team. If we "lose" Scan I could see Byron taking over an outside CB spot.

Byron -- Lewis in the slot and Awuzie on the other outside. Brown falls into a rotational 4th CB role where he will get plenty of snaps.

Heath moves to FS and Woods or FRAZIOR take the down safety spot. Obviously drafting a safety would help.

And Brown? What can Brown do for you?  I hope he continues to develop. 

I could get behind a secondary with Jones, Awuzie, Lewis, and Brown at CB with Heath, Frazier, and Woods mixing it up at S

They seem to like Woods at slot corner though which would imply Jones sticks at FS. The current DC has but little time to come up with their optimal alignments and uses lest he be scapegoated come January.

Semi-related:

https://www.fanragsports.com/film-room-adjustments-in-secondary-pay-off-for-cowboys/amp/

Complacency is the enemy of progress.

Over the first 12 weeks of the season, Jason Garrett, Rod Marinelli and the rest of the Dallas Cowboys’ defensive staff became complacent. Even though the Dallas defense ranked 26th against the pass and 28th against the run, Marinelli and Co. refused to make any noteworthy changes.

200.gif

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It sounds more like Byron could go to CB and Broaddus barely follows the team. If we "lose" Scan I could see Byron taking over an outside CB spot.

Byron -- Lewis in the slot and Awuzie on the other outside. Brown falls into a rotational 4th CB role where he will get plenty of snaps.

Heath moves to FS and Woods or FRAZIOR take the down safety spot. Obviously drafting a safety would help.

I prefer this idea. I' tired of watching Scandrick get beat and have little to no ball skills. I hope we get a new defensive coordinator and go with Jones Awuzie and Lewis as the top 3 with Woods and Frazier as the safeties. Bringing in a vet safety would be ideal.

Use the draft to shore up the front 7 and receiving core.

Hopefully with those resources and with a new D coordinator we can have a solid defense.

Just now, flyingmonkey30 said:

That would be ideal if the Saints let him walk. Which would beg the question, why would they let him walk?

Well they benched him earlier in the year. Theres no reason to think that he might just want to walk in the offseason.

Archived