2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Probably wasn’t a “scheme fit” if you call what Gunther ran a scheme lol

It was such a strange move for us to not address FS last year. Vic said they didn't want to draft one early because they didn't want to rely on two young safeties. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're going to fix the defense by bringing in Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Carlos Dunlap, and Melvin Ingram on big deals. 

I am so sick of paying these over the hill stop gap players.  If you combine players like that who are on the downside of their careers and our terrible drafting over the last 20 years, you have two decades of dumpster fire rosters and teams.  We need to take risks on young players with upside potential not these old has been's with a little gas left in the tank.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am so sick of paying these over the hill stop gap players.  If you combine players like that who are on the downside of their careers and our terrible drafting over the last 20 years, you have two decades of dumpster fire rosters and teams.  We need to take risks on young players with upside potential not these old has been's with a little gas left in the tank.  

Gruden won with 36 year old Gannon, 35 year old Brown, and 39 year old Rice so he thinks he can still win with older guys in the modern NFL. Gruden doesn't like to play young guys which is why Zay Jones got more snaps than Bryan Edwards and Jason Witten got more snaps than Foster Moreau. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vet minimum is never bad. Nothing more than that.

Thought we should have signed him last year when everyone was hurt and Randall didn't work out. He probably would have looked bad in that scheme with no pass rush. I would welcome as a backup for cheap, probably would make the team. Could be a lot worse then Health and Haha as backup S. Abram plays wild and can get hurt, be smart to be 2 deep at both safety spots. Leavitt doesn't count as depth.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden won with 36 year old Gannon, 35 year old Brown, and 39 year old Rice so he thinks he can still win with older guys in the modern NFL. Gruden doesn't like to play young guys which is why Zay Jones got more snaps than Bryan Edwards and Jason Witten got more snaps than Foster Moreau. 

That’s accurate

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Littleton has reworked his deal twice since signing here, and he signed here quick in free agency. He looked better once Paul G left too. Kwiatkoski was solid when healthy, we need to blitz him more. Nice to show leadership and rework the deal so we can get more help on defense. MM, Richard, and Nassib could also be gone and I wouldn't lose any sleep. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's pretty sad at his inability to adapt and the young guys he signs or drafts haven't panned out.  We need an influx of youth with upside potential to be signed for good value.  

If we do not address the pass rush and sign old man Sherman I will laugh.  Can you imagine him running around with T. Hill for 8 seconds? lol 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yeah it's pretty sad at his inability to adapt and the young guys he signs or drafts haven't panned out.  We need an influx of youth with upside potential to be signed for good value.  

If we do not address the pass rush and sign old man Sherman I will laugh.  Can you imagine him running around with T. Hill for 8 seconds? lol 

Sherman prolly one of the only old guys I wouldn't mind signing. He could translate well as a FS in the older Woodson role. we have a lot of young DBs, a hall of fame vet in the unit wouldn't be a bad idea.  

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Sherman prolly one of the only old guys I wouldn't mind signing. He could translate well as a FS in the older Woodson role. we have a lot of young DBs, a hall of fame vet in the unit wouldn't be a bad idea.  

It depends what else we do in FA.  If we just sign him, do not address our pass rush and play him at CB then that will not end well.  

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I mean he did find Darren Waller and he did do well with Agholor(Who was considered a draft bust before coming here) as a reclamation project so there’s that.

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

if this team ignores the lack of pass rush, and bad DL... we don't have a chance, it's clearly the weakness of the team. 

It’s been a weakness for over 10 years and they do nothing or address our pass rush except sign patchwork garbage abs draft trash outside of Mack. Our pass rush has been an embarrassment for 20 years. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean he did find Darren Waller and he did do well with Agholor(Who was considered a draft bust before coming here) as a reclamation project so there’s that.

Super bowl here we come!!!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It’s been a weakness for over 10 years and they do nothing or address our pass rush except sign patchwork garbage abs draft trash outside of Mack. Our pass rush has been an embarrassment for 20 years. 

Yep. Nothing matters before that especially in the system that goes Bradley is trying to run