2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Jacobs was partly to blame, but the Offensive line wasn't great in run game last year for most part. and for some reason we refuse to throw the ball to.jacobs and get him into open space where he shines. he had a few grabs where he picked up 10-12 yac but we rarely did it.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Who the heck is saying this? We just swept Denver, should have swept KC, stuck 40 points on them in their own little Chiefdom and split with LA.........all with one of our all time worst defences. Seems like we can easily compete with anyone in the West, especially if we actually improve.

Well, does the general feeling you're getting from reading this forum or any other Raiders related source is that we're going to be a good team?

1 hour ago, FreshPrince said:

Has there been any talk here about Danielle Hunter? I’ve seen a few rumors floating around connecting him to the raiders and am curious on opinions. Would cost a lot but would be a major upgrade. 

If it's 17th pick.... its a maybe because he wants to be paid too 

https://www.raidersbeat.com/nelson-agholors-return-to-the-raiders-is-sounding-more-likely-every-day/

“I think he has kind of taken on a leadership role,” Tafur said on the State Of The Nation podcast. “He’s been around the facility the last few months even though he’s going to be a free agent so I think that’s a good sign. I think he wants to come back. He likes his role. He likes the young guys on the team. He likes Derek Carr. They had good chemistry last year.”

Vic Tafur is a joke. 180° in a month.

• Like 1

A couple months ago I said Danielle Hunter would be a player you would look to trade for if the Vikings were looking to move on from him. 

Have to check him out medically but I would trade for him in a heart beat and give him a contract that he wants dude he is sack machine one of the best that hardly gets talked about. 

He is also only 26 years old and the last two seasons he played he had 14.5 sacks each season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

A couple months ago I said Danielle Hunter would be a player you would look to trade for if the Vikings were looking to move on from him. 

Have to check him out medically but I would trade for him in a heart beat and give him a contract that he wants dude he is sack machine one of the best that hardly gets talked about. 

He is also only 26 years old and the last two seasons he played he had 14.5 sacks each season. 

It’s so alluring to potentially get an amazing pass rusher like Hunter but the Medicals scare me to death.  Neck injuries can cripple you.... and I just feel it’s an injury that can easily be Re-aggravated.  Unless the trade compensation is “right” I’d rather take my chances elsewhere.  But he’d be a great LEO for us if healthy.

Trade compensation might be tricky to pull off that trade cause you would like to do a 2nd that could turn into a first if he plays a certain out of games and such and the Vikings would probably just want a first this year straight up. 

It would be risky but a player like him changes your whole defense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Well, does the general feeling you're getting from reading this forum or any other Raiders related source is that we're going to be a good team?

Haha, true, true but that shouldn't be the Zeitgeist here. We should be thinking nobody should scare us here.............there really is nothing to be feared after what we saw last year IMHO.

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/nfl/article249886448.html

“I feel like things have been positive between me and the Raiders,” he said. “I would love to be a Raider again. I would absolutely love it. I love playing under (offensive line) coach (Tom) Cable. I love being part of this organization. I love the guys in the offensive line room.

Denzelle Good.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Trade compensation might be tricky to pull off that trade cause you would like to do a 2nd that could turn into a first if he plays a certain out of games and such and the Vikings would probably just want a first this year straight up. 

It would be risky but a player like him changes your whole defense.

@agarcia34 We don't always agree on everything but... This is the year you do something like this.  We have proven that we cannot draft well, so go get that proven commodity at your most glaring need.  I would like to think Hunter would come in and immediately make an impact.  I would do it for 17th pick and a new contract...

The draft doesn't have a rusher that at 17 looks like a good deal.  Paye has question marks, Olujari stock seems to be falling, Ossai has been said to be a second round grade, and Oweh the same.  Phillips is the only one that has been said to be a top five guy and if I am not mistaken he is coming off an injury, dropping his stock.  

This years draft is looking to have talent laden in the 2nd round at our second most pressing need DT.  Levi, Davyion, Jay, etc.  One should fall to the 48th pick if we trade for Hunter with 17.  He is young, will still be 26 week one.  

Also, at 17 you could even ask for a late round pick back IMO.  I do this trade 8 days a week.

Pending medicals of course.    

Edited by Totty
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Totty said:

@agarcia34 We don't always agree on everything but... This is the year you do something like this.  We have proven that we cannot draft well, so go get that proven commodity at your most glaring need.  I would like to think Hunter would come in and immediately make an impact.  I would do it for 17th pick and a new contract...

The draft doesn't have a rusher that at 17 looks like a good deal.  Paye has question marks, Olujari stock seems to be falling, Ossai has been said to be a second round grade, and Oweh the same.  Phillips is the only one that has been said to be a top five guy and if I am not mistaken he is coming off an injury, dropping his stock.  

This years draft is looking to have talent laden in the 2nd round at our second most pressing need DT.  Levi, Davyion, Jay, etc.  One should fall to the 48th pick if we trade for Hunter with 17.  He is young, will still be 26 week one.  

Also, at 17 you could even ask for a late round pick back IMO.  I do this trade 8 days a week.

Pending medicals of course.    

Same... stop overvaluing draft picks and get a proven pass rusher who's in his prime. 

Also the Raiders must be really happy with how the market for OGs is shaping up. They were set to pay Gabe and Richie a combined 15 million and now with how many OGs are available they will probably get two starters for 10 million or less if they do bring back Richie.