2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We really don’t know that he would have signed with us. He forced his way off a playoff team to sign with a better one.

And took less than half of what he was set to make in Seattle. KC somehow never runs out of cap space.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We could've been patient, I don't think there was a huge market for Thomas or Jefferson.

Jones/Reed is going to be filthy, I feel bad for Andre James.

Yeah but the reality is if we had waited and all the options were taking up then the conversation would be why did we wait so long lol. That’s the pattern I see on here. There is a little extra frustration though due to the fact that he went to Kansas City

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We really don’t know that he would have signed with us. He forced his way off a playoff team to sign with a better one.

People always assume that “we could have gotten player X” but the reality is the players have free will and can go anywhere they want.  As much as I love our Raiders... KC and playing next to Chris Jones is an ideal situation for a guy whose 28 and on a one year deal.... looking to hit FA and get paid for the last time.

• Like 1

we need RT, FS and CBs.

If we're limited to only singing one or two of these positions. We might need to wait till after the draft before signing them.  If we go Tre Boston and Sherman for example right now and have no cap left.  But then in the draft no tackle or nickle falls to us for value. We're in a bad situation to reach for need again. Waiting till after let's us go for more BPA then fill in the gaps when we know what the gaps will be.  I can see some vets holding out till then too, they might get a prove increase as they have better leverage 

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

People always assume that “we could have gotten player X” but the reality is the players have free will and can go anywhere they want.  As much as I love our Raiders... KC and playing next to Chris Jones is an ideal situation for a guy whose 28 and on a one year deal.... looking to hit FA and get paid for the last time.

Yeah spot on. Can’t denie that. Thank god they didn’t get Trent Williams though.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but the reality is if we had waited and all the options were taking up then the conversation would be why did we wait so long lol. That’s the pattern I see on here. There is a little extra frustration though due to the fact that he went to Kansas City

We're in no rush to sign a CB or FS but have signed 12 DT. 

56 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Agreed, players don't want to play here unless it's a massive overpay. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed, players don't want to play here unless it's a massive overpay. 

What happens when you have a losing culture and the media paint the ownership and management as constantly making mistakes. Add being in the same division as the Cheifs who players want to go to because of Reid and Mahomes. Dont want to end up like New England and the AFC East where nobody wants to go to any of the teams because the division is an automatic lock as players take pay cuts to win a ring. 

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

You guys think that now that we are in Vegas. Is that the reason we haven't brought Aldon Smith back? I mean he would really be a help on passing downs.

He looked good in one game early but bad rest of the year.  He was clean last year but is the upside worth the risk not only on an NFL level but human. If he was that good Cowboys would've kept him. Good edges don't get released and stay on the market.