2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We're in no rush to sign a CB or FS but have signed 12 DT. 

I’m starting to think that the reason why they haven’t signed any corners is because  doesn’t think it’s a personal problem at corner but rather a coaching problem where they feel the players were used wrong. That’s my theory

My Theory at safety is that Bradley saw someone that he really likes coming out this year. Unlike Gunther who never started rookie his entire tenure played with veterans most of his time on the bengals,  Bradley known to use rookies and young players in various positions. And surprise me at all to see them draft a safety high and start them immediately.

Edited by Jeremy408

I have posted before that I do not believe we will add to the backfield. We may in the draft. But I'm not sure we will early unless a certain guy just falls to us. I really wish we would grab a RT and a safety in free agency. But I believe they think they have all they need until draft day. With all of the picks used on DB's that we have used I just don't see it. I could be wrong. I probably am 😆.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

My Theory at safety is that Bradley saw someone that he really likes coming out this year. Unlike Gunther who never started rookie his entire tenure played with veterans most of his time on the bengals,  Bradley known to use rookies and young players in various positions. And surprise me at all to see them draft a safety high and start them immediately.

Even if we've fallen in love with a safety it still makes sense to bring in a cheap veteran like Tre Boston who knows the system and had his best year under Bradley. 

35 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I have posted before that I do not believe we will add to the backfield. We may in the draft. But I'm not sure we will early unless a certain guy just falls to us. I really wish we would grab a RT and a safety in free agency. But I believe they think they have all they need until draft day. With all of the picks used on DB's that we have used I just don't see it. I could be wrong. I probably am 😆.  

I think we're kind of in a position where we have to go safety at #17 or #48. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but the reality is if we had waited and all the options were taking up then the conversation would be why did we wait so long lol. That’s the pattern I see on here. There is a little extra frustration though due to the fact that he went to Kansas City

Yeah exactly. We are patient at FS/CB and there has been nonstop questioning this. And when we are taking up guys at D-line we get why did we sign them the moment Reed gets cut. 

Our FO has 'earned' a lot of critisism, but the current mindset seems like the reaction is always lose-lose whatever our FO does.

19 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Or miss out on him and don't have anyone signed up. Chiefs at 7 mio is a hard offer to beat.

I mean....not like we signed people with robust markets though. 

If guys visit anywhere other than Vegas, smart money is they're not signing with Vegas. 

Sought after FAs working out in Vegas is about the only thing that doesn't stay in Vegas. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Even if we've fallen in love with a safety it still makes sense to bring in a cheap veteran like Tre Boston who knows the system and had his best year under Bradley. 

I agree unless Bradley saw someone he really likes in the draft. Another possibility is they are waiting on all the notable safety pro days(grant & Holland being the last one this week) and seeing how they stack up with the safeties on the market my before signing one of them

Edited by Jeremy408

5 hours ago, Roninho said:

Yeah exactly. We are patient at FS/CB and there has been nonstop questioning this. And when we are taking up guys at D-line we get why did we sign them the moment Reed gets cut. 

Our FO has 'earned' a lot of critisism, but the current mindset seems like the reaction is always lose-lose whatever our FO does.

That’s exactly what I was referring to. 

5 hours ago, Roninho said:

Or miss out on him and don't have anyone signed up. Chiefs at 7 mio is a hard offer to beat.

We already had David Irving on the roster. I'm sure we could've waited and still signed Darius Philon, he hasn't even played in 2 years. I doubt there was a huge market for Solomon Thomas either, he has never been a productive player and is coming off of an ACL injury. Jefferson is probably the only one we would've missed on had we been patient and waited to see if other guys were going to become available. 

And is $5M guaranteed with $2M in incentives hard to beat for a player like Reed? The Seahawks just gave him a 2 yr/$23M extension last year. We gave Maliek Collins $5M guaranteed last year, lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

What happens when you have a losing culture and the media paint the ownership and management as constantly making mistakes. Add being in the same division as the Cheifs who players want to go to because of Reid and Mahomes. Dont want to end up like New England and the AFC East where nobody wants to go to any of the teams because the division is an automatic lock as players take pay cuts to win a ring. 

There is only one way to fix this issue....  Win football games, which we can never seem to do consistently.  Until that happens we will continued to be labeled as losers and a dysfunctional organization.  We had the chance to turn it around with a lot of draft capital over the last few years but it appears we haven't walked away with a true elite talent.  It sucks but it is what it is and that falls on Davis, Gruden and Mayock. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We already had David Irving on the roster. I'm sure we could've waited and still signed Darius Philon, he hasn't even played in 2 years. I doubt there was a huge market for Solomon Thomas either, he has never been a productive player and is coming off of an ACL injury. Jefferson is probably the only one we would've missed on had we been patient and waited to see if other guys were going to become available. 

And is $5M guaranteed with $2M in incentives hard to beat for a player like Reed? The Seahawks just gave him a 2 yr/$23M extension last year. We gave Maliek Collins $5M guaranteed last year, lol.

I don’t disagree with you at all but Think about it this way people were flipping out about not resigning offensive lineman before free agency officially started. What do you think peoples response would’ve been if we didn’t sign a DT? LOL