Gameday Thread? Texans v... Someone, I dunno.

ET80

35 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Lol this team finds new ways to lose each week/season. The loser mentality is contagious

Honestly - we should have anticipated this. Does anyone here remember Romeo's stint in Cleveland? KC?

The hallmark of those Romeo teams was the lack of execution, lack of on field discipline, lack of strategy, lack of urgency... Any of that sound familiar?

This was expected once Romeo took the job (not that I'm complaining, BoB getting fired is worth this disaster). Romeo was available to Houston in 2014 for the gig because he failed - miserably - as a HC. This was destined to be the exact same result.

Only difference is Deshaun Watson - he's capable of winning games this team has no business winning. I'd say the four games won are 99% on Watson, 1% everyone else in the entire organization. And I don't think anyone would disagree.

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Honestly - we should have anticipated this. Does anyone here remember Romeo's stint in Cleveland? KC?

The hallmark of those Romeo teams was the lack of execution, lack of on field discipline, lack of strategy, lack of urgency... Any of that sound familiar?

This was expected once Romeo took the job (not that I'm complaining, BoB getting fired is worth this disaster). Romeo was available to Houston in 2014 for the gig because he failed - miserably - as a HC. This was destined to be the exact same result.

Only difference is Deshaun Watson - he's capable of winning games this team has no business winning. I'd say the four games won are 99% on Watson, 1% everyone else in the entire organization. And I don't think anyone would disagree.

Your right the wins are on Watson, but this makes it seem like the team should be better than 4-6 over the last 10 games, that’s not the case. This team is deprived of talent because of decisions made by two power hungry maniacs and an incompetent owner who let it all happen. Any coach coming into this situation would likely be around 4-6 too.

The reason why they could be better than this though is because they are lucky enough to have Watson and how he keeps them in games despite not having the talent to win them. The 3 losses in the division could have easily been wins had players other than Watson stepped up (or not even stepped up, if they just didn’t make mistakes).

• Like 2

Yeah... many of the losses were about execution and a lack of offensive creativity... we needed the first down and Kelly designs a roll out for DW4 that obviously works... how cannot he not see this EVERY week (because he lacks creativity, still has Bo'OB's playbook, and has never been an OC before)