2020 GDT Week #16 Steelers vs. Colts

Steeler Hitman

What can you say after your team fails to win against a 2-10 team, yet you are in the play-offs hunt from first to possibly a wildcard?

Jim-Mora-Playoffs.0.jpg

In the immortal words of Mora, Mora, Mora! You know the rest.........

2020-steelers-vs-colts.jpg

Steelers 11-3 vs. Colts 10-4

th?id=OIP.VT3-pmUg2NG3JKhGJkLEbQHaF7&pid

News flash: The sky is falling on the 2020 Steelers season. 

6878791945_9a0e492605_z.jpg

During this ugly four game span the defense has come out pretty lights out in forcing three and outs and holding opposing teams offenses in check......... 

c9ta4hd7mifgkvm23vsu.jpg

Only to see an offense come out dazed and confused..................

ij8xpgthya8rq1gd3t5q.jpg

Another week, another play-off contender and good defense. Not that that matters because this team lost to a depleted Bengals team that completely humbled the Steelers offense and in a popular theme, wore down the defense in the second half. The Steelers offense helped account for 20 of the Bengals 27 points. That's more points than they scored in any single game over the past four games.

kojucot5wkbhcfi27fhk.jpg

Key Colt Defenders: Darius Leonard, Justin Houston, Deforest Buckner, Xavier Rhodes

hfp4tsavunmquocva63b.jpg

A few weeks ago it was dropped passes. The past two weeks, our SB winning, future HOF QB has not  seen the field or open receivers, thrown inaccurate passes, and has looked horrible in underthrowing on deep passes. The Steelers offense has run out of excuses. They have just been plain bad the entire month of December. 

zhia0ytfzdpkb2nr6s9h.jpg

Key Colts Offensive Players: Quinton Nelson, Ryan Kelly, Phillip Rivers, TY Hilton, Jonathan Taylor, and Nyheim Hines

w8koqqs7ezrpu0rrltff.jpg

How do you lift this team up? They are 14 games into the season and have not played a complete football game. The won in spite of themselves at times, but now two win teams are beating you and calling a once proud and tough team: SOFT!

JuJu-Smith-Schuster-Vonn-Bell-fumble.jpg

Dancing on logos, on the stars, and getting our heads knocked off! The Steelers have been collapsing in the month of December the past three seasons. This is not the same team that beat the Titans, Browns, and Ravens on consecutive weeks. They may not win the rest of the year.🤬🥵

Kevin-Greene-Steelers-Facebook.jpg

Rest in Paradise #91. Sorry the team didn't come through for you Monday night. I am not sure that they will again in the 2020 season and play-off (yes singular). 

Colts throw salt in the Steelers wounds at Heinz Field. Colts win 31 - 16. Welcome to the wild card Steelers.

58 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Welcome to the wild card Steelers.

and on monday they will be booking their tee times

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Looking forward to see Juju play his 2021 employer. That’s about it. 

why do you think he will end up there? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

and on Monday they will be booking their tee times

Or whatever they will be doing. They will have a very long bye week finally it seems.

I know you asked this of warfelg, but I have a feeling he will still be in Pittsburgh for a few years. 

I honestly just don't want to feel embarrassed again. 

I like to get heated in debate and I am passionate about certain things, but I don't let grown men playing a Childs game effect me in real life. Last nights game literally embarrassed me to be a fan of this team. I don't want to feel that way again. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

and on monday they will be booking their tee times

Most cap space, no real #2/3 with TY, good run game, good defense.  If they spend the money on say Juju, Dunbar (CB Sea), Alexander (CB Cincy); they could do something like sell the farm draft wise for Fields, Trask, Lance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I know you asked this of warfelg, but I have a feeling he will still be in Pittsburgh for a few years. 

cap reasons could have him elsewhere. I don't know the state of other teams, but he is a WR2, so whatever they get paid, and whoever can afford that is where he will go.  Maybe the Chargers have cap space? Herbert is a probably already elite, has an arm comparable to Rodgers, sunny california in a dome, life would be good for JJSS there.  Why stay on a sinking ship here in cold rainy weather to boot?

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

Most cap space, no real #2/3 with TY, good run game, good defense.  If they spend the money on say Juju, Dunbar (CB Sea), Alexander (CB Cincy); they could do something like sell the farm draft wise for Fields, Trask, Lance.

it' interesting when teams have all that cap space. I thought about what teams could do, such as the Raiders, They could have signed Justin Houston, but opted to draft Ferrel etc, a total fail.  The colts could really benefit from JJSS, good fit.  Chargers have stability at QB, maybe go there, close to home if they can afford him

2 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

With how the team is playing right now, there's no reason to expect a win here. Our defense should be able to limit what they do offensively but their defense should pretty much destroy our offense. Steelers are picking the worst time to be playing their worst football

the team got humiliated by the bungles, now they are facing a Colts team hitting their stride and a top tier defence.  I expect the TO's that were supposed to happen vs the bungles to actually happen this week. We turn it over 5 times in this game or maybe more. I expect Leonard to get a patent FF, then the rest, like Houston S/FF and a few picks. 

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

it' interesting when teams have all that cap space. I thought about what teams could do, such as the Raiders, They could have signed Justin Houston, but opted to draft Ferrel etc, a total fail.  The colts could really benefit from JJSS, good fit.  Chargers have stability at QB, maybe go there, close to home if they can afford him

Why? They have Williams and Allen with Hunter and Ekeler. Juju would easily be option 5. I could see the Jets, Dolphins, Cards, Colts. 

Indy gets 5 TO's

our defence get (sick and) tired

our run game is trash

Hilton has a good game on a big play but kept in check otherwise, maybe 100 yard game 

Colts run decently

24-10 colts with our TD in garbage time

Watt gets 3 sacks, the defence gets 6

Justin Houston gets 2 sacks and FF

Leonard gets FF

Buckner has a good game throwing pouncey and LG around

Ben won't complete a pass for more than 20 air time yards either

Ben says in press after "we' have to play better and a more complete game etc" 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Why? They have Williams and Allen with Hunter and Ekeler. Juju would easily be option 5. I could see the Jets, Dolphins, Cards, Colts. 

maybe then,  the chargers aren't as good a fit then.  Have to admit, sunny california  is home and Herbert is a good QB to have signed up for.  If JJSS keeps his tiktok account active as he has, it won't help his resume with some teams. I can't see BB tolerating that and he could use a few WR's. Lets see if BB even has an interview with JJSS