Packerraymond 2021 Mock V1

Packerraymond

I like the mock, no doubt.  About the only one I have an issue with is an EDGE in the first.  And that is probably because I think Ramsey can play.  But, I can't argue too much against taking an EDGE or corner high.

I'd be curious, though, with this IDL class, where do we need to get to in the first round in order to draft an IDL.

If history has shown us anything, it is that Gute likes to move up in the first.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

I like the mock, no doubt.  About the only one I have an issue with is an EDGE in the first.  And that is probably because I think Ramsey can play.  But, I can't argue too much against taking an EDGE or corner high.

I'd be curious, though, with this IDL class, where do we need to get to in the first round in order to draft an IDL.

If history has shown us anything, it is that Gute likes to move up in the first.  

In this scenario I signed a DL for 3 years to start. Plus we have Clark signed. If you add a DL early you're pretty much saying goodbye to Keke. At this point for me Keke >>>>Ramsey. So I didn't really want to add one early.

To answer your question though, 20-25 should be where the final 1st round worthy DL go.

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In this scenario I signed a DL for 3 years to start. Plus we have Clark signed. If you add a DL early you're pretty much saying goodbye to Keke. At this point for me Keke >>>>Ramsey. So I didn't really want to add one early.

To answer your question though, 20-25 should be where the final 1st round worthy DL go.

Thanks for the reply.  I agree with you about Keke versus Ramsey.  Just taking some information for my future mock.  :)

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Nooooooooo, that early pick is a massive upgrade over MAdams. You're essentially sweeping out failure for a better chance of success at that position.

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I wasn't too thrilled with the first pick either, but the choice allows Preston Smith to do what he does best: rush the QB while putting almost an equally if not more athletic EDGE player at that position IMHO. Ergo, I have to be ok with the pick. I do also agree that Ramsey is quietly starting to ascend up the depth chart and has found his way onto the field logging in meaningful snaps. If he can be a cheap role player, why ditch him?

As for your second point, I don't think we have to trade up if Tufele's sitting there at 28(?). Bear in mind that OT's and IDL tend to slide down the boards more than one may think though there are exceptions of course. If Gute continues his trend of trading up, we have to discern WHO is the target. I'm sure that answer will be much clearer once the offseason arrives in 50 days...

Edited by Joe