Week 6 - @ Jets, Jets yearly SB week

tonyto36

Does anyone know if there is a rule for how deep an offensive player can be lined up or what it is?  I know you can only have so many/need on the LOS, but what about if Brady was pretending to run off the field.  Was 30 yards (or whatever) behind the LOS.  Stopped moving, and then you direct snap to the RB while the Jets DL is standing up?

4 minutes ago, everlong said:

I hate it when I'm forced to watch on Gamecast; every time I see a defender's picture pop up when we have the ball it gives me a heart attack.

Do you not watch the actual games? You always react to the plays as if you're watching the live action but IIRC you were watching gamecast last week too

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Does anyone know if there is a rule for how deep an offensive player can be lined up or what it is?  I know you can only have so many/need on the LOS, but what about if Brady was pretending to run off the field.  Was 30 yards (or whatever) behind the LOS.  Stopped moving, and then you direct snap to the RB while the Jets DL is standing up?

There's no rule on how deep the offensive player can. You just need the correct amount of guys on the LOS and can't be moving forward on the snap

2 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Do you not watch the actual games? You always react to the plays as if you're watching the live action but IIRC you were watching gamecast last week too

Don't have cable and I don't live in the NE area. Most of the streams I find are taken down or are unwatchable.

9 minutes ago, everlong said:

I hate it when I'm forced to watch on Gamecast; every time I see a defender's picture pop up when we have the ball it gives me a heart attack.

It's all coming into focus now.

3 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

There's no rule on how deep the offensive player can. You just need the correct amount of guys on the LOS and can't be moving forward on the snap

So why doesn't anyone ever do what I just suggested?  Teams run the wildcat occasionally at times anyways.

Archived