Week 6 - @ Jets, Jets yearly SB week

tonyto36

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Solder looking decent so far. Not great but better than the past few weeks.

Lewis absolutely sucks in pass protection. White has been OK. They've shifted White to Brady's left and put Lewis on the right in those 2 RB shotgun sets.

Too many deep shots, not enough working the flats (again).

Lewis does get overpowered pretty easily, but I've thought White has been pretty solid.  It seems he's become the go-to blitz protection guy.

Solder has been a moderately pleasant surprise.  Don't need him to be dominant, just not a turnstile against mediocre like last week.  

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Lewis does get overpowered pretty easily, but I've thought White has been pretty solid.  It seems he's become the go-to blitz protection guy.

Solder has been a moderately pleasant surprise.  Don't need him to be dominant, just not a turnstile against mediocre like last week.  

White's been decent. Not great but much better than he was 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Brown has been pretty good today

I stopped watching him after the first drive where he was terrible.  The run defense has been much much much better.  But I think that's more a function of Branch than Brown doing anything different.

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

I stopped watching him after the first drive where he was terrible.  The run defense has been much much much better.  But I think that's more a function of Branch than Brown doing anything different.

The Jets run blocking has been awful more than the Pats DT's have been good.

Was that Van Noy?  Took a brutal angle.  

Hightower and him both running straight at McCown.  Hightower is to his right.  Instead of angling it from the left to funnel McCown to decide if he wants to pile drive into two LBs coming full speed to try to get a first down, he hedges in towards Hightower and gives McCown an angle for an easy cutback.  

Archived