The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

Big offseason of transition for me. I was a big buyer this time last year, adding Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, & D'Andre Swift. 

My goal was to reload more than rebuild, with an emphasis on youth. I also really needed a top RB to feel good about winning now (not super high on Swift/Mixon). I ended up turning Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Dak Prescott, & Alexander Mattison (+some) into Austin Ekeler, Christian Watson, Tyler Lockett, Rashod Bateman, Desmond Ridder, Bryce Young, & two 2024 1st round picks. 

Also very pleased with the rookie class all things considered. Very bummed I didn't end up getting one of the top 3 WRs, but Bryce was an unexpected consolation prize that opened new doors for my team. I feel like I was able to compensate not getting JSN/Quentin/Addison by getting Jalin Hyatt in the 2nd & Tank Dell in the 3rd, granted I really wanted Jonathan Mingo. Tyjae Spears & Gus Edwards rounded things out to give me some present & future value at the RB position. 

Not expecting to be SUPER competitive this year (playoffs is a good goal), but with what should be 3 top 10 picks & 4 top 20 picks, I'm excited for what this team will look like in the near future. 

Roster is now...

QB: DWatson / BYoung / DRidder 

RB: AEkeler / DSwift / JMixon / JMcKinnon / GEdwards / TSpears

WR: CKupp / CWatson / DMetcalf / TLockett / JHyatt / TDell 

TE: KPitts

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Honestly, I'm pretty fed up with ESPN. It's easily the least user friendly fantasy football platform. 

We just learned that you cannot edit your waiver acquisition rules (such as FAAB) after the draft is completed. So all of the work that was done today by We-r-lions today was for nothing. I'm going to have reset the draft which moves it to predraft, then I have to edit our waiver rules, and then reinput everything again. I'm at work and honestly a little pissed off, so I probably won't get around to it until later.

Just checking in on this. Are we able to make adds?

Now time for review!

QB: Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill

RB: Pollard, Bijan, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Allgeier

WR: Lamb, Hill, Olave, Jeudy, Shaheed, Pierce

TE: Goedert, Musgrave

I don’t have much of anything in draft resources next year, but I think this may be the most talented team I’ve had in this league. Not outside the realm of possibilities to have two top 5 QBs, two top 5 RBs, three top 5 WRs, and a top 5 TE. Potential league winners all over my roster. It’s probably going to come down to whether my team stays healthy, and if Fields regresses. If Fields hits, this team will be very difficult to beat. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Now time for review!

I don’t have much of anything in draft resources next year, but I think this may be the most talented I’ve had in this league. Not outside the realm of possibilities to have two top 5 QBs, two top 5 RBs, three top 5 WRs, and a top 5 TE. Potential league winners all over my roster. It’s probably going to come down to whether my team stays healthy, and if Fields regresses. If Fields hits, this team will be very difficult to beat. 

Championship 

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Now time for review!

I don’t have much of anything in draft resources next year, but I think this may be the most talented team I’ve had in this league. Not outside the realm of possibilities to have two top 5 QBs, two top 5 RBs, three top 5 WRs, and a top 5 TE. Potential league winners all over my roster. It’s probably going to come down to whether my team stays healthy, and if Fields regresses. If Fields hits, this team will be very difficult to beat. 

Looks like a good roster to finish second again. 😉

On 8/19/2023 at 10:01 AM, sammymvpknight said:

If Fields hits, this team will be very difficult to beat. 

I guess you traded for him (albeit a free league), so I’m curious where you’d have Fields ranked in a dynasty start up? 

I just selected him over Lamar Jackson & Trevor Lawrence 👀