BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

I have a question for future reference.

In the off season am I allowed to use a 100% extension For a player if they are already on a new contract rather than using a 3 up?

I have not necessarily seen anybody do this and I don't know if it's because it is not permitted or if because People just prefer not to

Just now, wwhickok said:

In the off season am I allowed to use a 100% extension For a player if they are already on a new contract rather than using a 3 up?

I have not necessarily seen anybody do this and I don't know if it's because it is not permitted or if because People just prefer not to

I’m pretty sure you can do a 100% extension at any time as long as it’s a player not on a rookie deal and the contract is more than his BDL contract.

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As long as your player isn't in locked status and the contract is 1 more than he makes in BDL currently and 2 not a rookie contract, you can yes 

Working on a mock with trades (kill me) and was looking for the BDL trade value chart I made last year. I came across my draft class grades for every team last year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xJwCDLrtA3m2GWlsOk-oGtrfAlJ4pioM1cjmSMwSyX8/edit?usp=sharing

Definitely got it wrong with Herbert and Rome but I think overall my grades weren't too bad. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

If you mean can you 100% Extend a UFA, then no. The player has to be under contract with your team already.

The 3 Up is supposed to limit the amount of UFA's you can sign each year to make sure players go to FA. You can of course bid on a player once he is in FA at 100% of the value if you wish.

What it's for is like say K'Wuan WIlliams on my team has a BDL contract 1 year $1500 (it's something like that.) Say he signs a 2 year $10M deal with a team. I could then 100% extend him at $5K/2 Years.

Edited by SirA1

Just now, SirA1 said:

If you mean can you 100% Extend a UFA, then no. The player has to be under contract with your team already.

The 3 Up is supposed to limit the amount of UFA's you can sign each year to make sure players go to FA. You can of course bid on a player once he is in FA at 100% of the value if you wish.

Yeah that I knew. No I meant if the player was already under contract. I didn't know if there were any offseason restrictions with that 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah that I knew. No I meant if the player was already under contract. I didn't know if there were any offseason restrictions with that 

See example I edited in. It's mainly if you are comfortable with the numbers and plan on keeping a player the next year and want to avoid having to use a 3 up next season. You can also literally wait until the last game of the season to do that so you aren't tying cap space up. That may be why you don't see if too much this early in the offseason.

• Like 1

I understand why the thread was locked and don't intend on going into the specifics of it, and I know I for sure didn't this craziness coming, but the Watson allegations are a prime example of why the Texans were stupid for not trading him as soon as they knew he wanted out. You never know what's going to happen to hurt his trade value.

Feel real bad for MD4L right now, no way he extends Watson if he knew this was coming down the pipeline, regardless of whether it's true or not.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

I understand why the thread was locked and don't intend on going into the specifics of it, and I know I for sure didn't this craziness coming, but the Watson allegations are a prime example of why the Texans were stupid for not trading him as soon as they knew he wanted out. You never know what's going to happen to hurt his trade value.

Feel real bad for MD4L right now, no way he extends Watson if he knew this was coming down the pipeline, regardless of whether it's true or not.

I had a similar thing happen to me with Tyreek Hill.  Pheltz put in a 1st round RFA offer for him right before the audio came out with him and his baby mama at the airport.  And I chose not to match because I didn't want to risk paying 17k a year for a guy who might get a lengthy suspension.

That did not work out for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I had a similar thing happen to me with Tyreek Hill.  Pheltz put in a 1st round RFA offer for him right before the audio came out with him and his baby mama at the airport.  And I chose not to match because I didn't want to risk paying 17k a year for a guy who might get a lengthy suspension.

That did not work out for me.

Tbf, Justice wasn't served in the Hill incident. 

• Like 1