BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

47 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

QB Sam Darnold is OTB.

His asking price is that of a young QB that has a good offense and good coaches for the first time in his career, and was a former first round pick.

If interested, pm me with an offer accordingly 

39 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

His value can't get any lower in terms of this league.  PRO TIP:  Buy low, sell high

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Don't worry, I know what your opinion is. However, his situation, is extremely encouraging so I won't be accepting any low ball offers.

I agree with Pheltz. It'll be tough sledding to get top dollar until he actually proves something.

29 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I agree with Pheltz. It'll be tough sledding to get top dollar until he actually proves something.

Top Dollar depends on what you mean by the phrase. If you mean 1st, 2nd round pick I'm not looking for that at all. Been pretty willing to negotiate deals, some teams I've negotiated lower prices some higher but I'm not aggressively looking to trade him nor am I unwilling to negotiate prices.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Don't you have to 3 up a player on the same length of contract as he signed irl?

Yes. But there isn't a limit of 5 years. So Mahomes who signed his long deal you get to match that.

So if Allen or Jackson signed like an 8 year deal that can be matched.

14 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Yes. But there isn't a limit of 5 years. So Mahomes who signed his long deal you get to match that.

So if Allen or Jackson signed like an 8 year deal that can be matched.

Okay we are on the page, just wanted to make sure. 

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Ill take Darnold back if you give me a 5th. That's what he's worth.

Thanks but Jlash and I worked out a mutually beneficial deal, pretty easily I might add, that was more interesting

Edited by wwhickok

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Don't worry, I know what your opinion is. However, his situation, is extremely encouraging so I won't be accepting any low ball offers.

Edited by SirA1
NVM

Just now, SirA1 said:

Congrats and thankfully.

I wasn't going to "Mitch Morse" him.

Had we got to the regular season, Darnold likely starts for DVN and comes off the block. But it is the off season so there was 0 reason to not at least explore options.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Thanks but Jlash and I worked out a mutually beneficial deal, pretty easily I might add, that was more interesting

I think you won that trade pretty handily.  Not easy to rape the Lasher, my guess is he's hammered and is going to be dissappointed in the morning.

• Like 1

Now, and I get values are minimal here, but to other guys I'm open to moving are WR Allen Lazard and Safety Marquise Blair. 

I think both are worth a player swap (or at most a 2023 late pick). They're not players I'm hellbent on trading because they're easily sub 500 cuts, but they're just guys I'm willing to move if there's any remote interest