BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

I literally quoted where Mwil and I had discussed last week making an offer on Stafford, lol

Incredible that you think I don't view a cheap two-year deal for a BDL starting-caliber QB as a worthwhile investment.

(also I don't operate like that at all and everyone who has seen me operate in free agency in the past can vouch for that. The guy you want to throw shade at is Pheltz)

I don’t know why you’re doing this but I am intrigued.

Just now, wwhickok said:

You say that because you think you know everything. You're making statements and assumptions based on your opinions of my team as though I haven't carefully planned way ahead. I already know what kind of roster moves I intend to make in the 2023 offseason 

And I've already pointed out that I, too, can do basic addition and pointed out that the most likely solution to your cap situation is 3 Downing Kamara or trading Derrick Henry.

Like, you're not special there, I think ICBR is going to be in the same boat with Nick Chubb and Ezekiel Elliott next year. Paying two running backs market price for more than a year is a bad use of resources because you're just not getting very good return on investment there, especially since you're not going to be playing two RBs on passing downs for the most part.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I don’t know why you’re doing this but I am intrigued.

You gonna sit here and tell me that if Deshaun Watson is suspended next year, Rack 3 Ups Russell Wilson, and Stafford leads the Rams on a deep playoff run, you wouldn't consider trading a 2nd round pick for Matt Stafford?

Just now, Blue said:

And I've already pointed out that I, too, can do basic addition and pointed out that the most likely solution to your cap situation is 3 Downing Kamara or trading Derrick Henry.

Like, you're not special there, I think ICBR is going to be in the same boat with Nick Chubb and Ezekiel Elliott next year. Paying two running backs market price for more than a year is a bad use of resources because you're just not getting very good return on investment there, especially since you're not going to be playing two RBs on passing downs for the most part.

I'm NOT 3 Downing Kamara or Trading Henry.

When I win Stafford, even if it's at the cost of his rl contract, He will be my starter and not because I want to trade him.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'm NOT 3 Downing Kamara or Trading Henry.

When I win Stafford, even if it's at the cost of his rl contract, He will be my starter and not because I want to trade him.

I mean, you know that we all know that's an empty statement, right? Even when you do, you'll insist that you didn't *plan* on it at the time so I'm still wrong. That's what you've done every other time I've called out your roster moves ahead of time.

So...you're not going to trade Stafford if Zach Wilson has a Justin Herbert level season, or...? Like I don't think anyone believes you're signing him to be your long-term starter.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I mean, you know that we all know that's an empty statement, right? Even when you do, you'll insist that you didn't *plan* on it at the time so I'm still wrong. That's what you've done every other time I've called out your roster moves ahead of time.

So...you're not going to trade Stafford if Zach Wilson has a Justin Herbert level season, or...? Like I don't think anyone believes you're signing him to be your long-term starter.

It's a 2 year contract. Wtf suggests it's long term..?

Just now, wwhickok said:

It's a 2 year contract. Wtf suggests it's long term..?

That was exactly my point, lol. "He will be my starter and not because I want to trade him" is a pointless statement, of course you intend to have him as a starting option when you don't know how Zach Wilson is going to play. So why even say that?

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

That was exactly my point, lol. "He will be my starter and not because I want to trade him" is a pointless statement, of course you intend to have him as a starting option when you don't know how Zach Wilson is going to play. So why even say that?

I'm saying at no point did I think, oh if Wilson does well I'll just trade him. It's a freaking 2 year contract. I got plenty of space right now. I have a plan for next season. I got money to burn right now. So I'm good with him being on my roster.  Also, the point is, you said no one believes I'm signing him to be my long term starter as though I ever implied that. If you think I'm signing someone to a 2 year deal to be a long term anything, you being whoever, you're kind of an idiot. 

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bro, you should just shut up about Kamara and Henry because you ARE wrong. I've planned on what I'd do with the cap constraints since before the 2020 season started.

I mean, do you really want me to break down your options for creating cap space next year, because I can

Just now, Blue said:

I mean, do you really want me to break down your options for creating cap space next year, because I can

I've already done it. I don't need you to attempt to prove you're smarter than me and better at managing MY cap space, because, you're not.

I don't think there needs to be an intention for ww to trade Stafford. He can carry a big QB contract with his only other QB being a rookie. Heck, I drafted both Darnold and Allen when I had Brady with 2 years left. I did end up trading Brady after a year but that was more because Allen showed in his rookie year that he had elite potential sooner than anyone had anticipated. 

If Allen hadn't been so good so quick, I would've continued to roll with Brady. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'm saying at no point did I think, oh if Wilson does well I'll just trade him. It's a freaking 2 year contract. I got plenty of space right now. I have a plan for next season. I got money to burn right now. So I'm good with him being on my roster. 

So even if Wilson is the clearly better player, you're not going to even try to trade a guy who could bring back draft pick compensation who would otherwise be riding your bench? Nobody believes that, man.