BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Maybe I’ll bid on a QB

I won't.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

FA ROUND 1 Review
Berlin:
WR Allen Robinson; Solid signing in a #1 WR. Gives Rodgers a legit target and will certainly boost Berlins receiving Corps.

Hopefully OBJ is OBJ again and Robinson gets #2 CBs.  Or OBJ gets #2 CBs.  Happy either way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

To clarify, I know OBJ is your #1, ARob is a #1 irl which is what I was trying to suggest in that statement. 

Or OBJ isn't back to form, Aiyuk has a sophomore slump, Hollywood doesn't get more consistent, and Toney barely sees the field...in which case ARob will be my one and only.

• Like 1

It's really this simple. I did not sign Alvin Kamara to. 5 year contract to be a 1 year rental. I legit said my max on him was 21k. If I only wanted him for 1 season, I'd have paid the upchange to sign him to a 2 year deal. 

Derrick Henry is one of the best RBs in the NFL and in BDL. His contract represents that. He isn't going anywhere until his contract expires, at the very soonest. 

You said it yourself Blue, I know what I'm doing.

Edited by wwhickok

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's really this simple. I did not sign Alvin Kamara to. 5 year contract to be a 1 year rental. I legit said my max on him was 21k. If I only wanted him for 1 season, I'd have paid the upchange to sign him to a 2 year deal. 

Derrick Henry is one of the best RBs in the NFL and in BDL. His contract represents that. He isn't going anywhere until his contract expires, at the very soonest. 

You said it yourself Blue, I know what I'm doing.

Whatever you got to tell yourself, dude. Salary cap and return on investment realities are gonna hit pretty quick once the season starts, I think.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Whatever you got to tell yourself, dude. Salary cap and return on investment realities are gonna hit pretty quick once the season starts, I think.

There's some areas where I am flexible. I get where you're coming from, I understand you have this 'genius-complex' where you gotta try to prove yourself smarter than everyone else and try to tell everyone their future like some kind of psychic.

Here are some realities. You DID insinuate that I was signing Stafford to be a back up because you flat out said that's why you were signing him, in addition to being 2022 trade bait and that I was signing him for the same reasons you were.

With that you seem to think that my statement about Davis being Wilson's #1 WR was indicative of my depth chart plans. 

You've been hell bent on this idea I'm going to attempt to trade Derrick Henry. 

Now you're hell bent that I'm gonna 3D Kamara?

Let me tell you something that everyone else already knows, with all due respect. 

You're not the smartest guy in the room.

100% of the above assumptions are false.

With all due respect to everyone in this league, this is not a claim of me being smarter or a better owner than anyone, but it is a fact, very few ppl this past season managed rhe cap better than I did to achieve greater success within their own team. What I mean is, I hit FA last offseason with just shy of $124k. I was coming off a very disappointing season. I more than doubled my win/loss record and entered the 2021 offsewson, still, with over $100k. Entered FA with over $75k (I wasn't the only one) 

I seem to have a pretty good grasp on what I need to do to succeed and continue to progress my team. I'll keep doing things the way I've done them because they've been working very well. I know what I'm doing and I, and I alone, know WHY I'm doing them.

You can act like I'm trying to deceive ppl or trying to lie to myself but the fact is, I haven't told anyone anything that has been false about what I'm doing in FA. Sure, for the draft I didn't come out and disclose I was going to draft Zach Wilson. Why would I? But nothing I've said since FA has started has been any form of deception at all what so ever.

Sure, injuries, actual productivity and cause for any lack of it factor in. Of course they do. But I'm not trading Henry. I'm not 3 Downing Alvin Kamara next off season. I'll have plenty of candidates to consider for 3Ds. He ain't one of them.

The fact is, to wrap all of this up, it's not about what I have to tell myself, its what I've BEEN telling you. I know you hate being wrong but you better get used to it because you're way off here, as you often are. Good night, that's a wrap.

*Mic Drop*

Edited by wwhickok

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

FA ROUND 1 Review

Singapore:

RB Keyshaun Vaughn; The #3 or 4 RB on Tampa Bays roster. I'm not sure if they know something I don't but, hey, it's a warm body.

WR Kendrick Bourne; I have a feeling this is more of a long term investment than a short term one knowing Lance will eventually take over at QB and Bourne probably compliments that skill set. Bourne has shown flashes but never really broken out yet. I like the potential of this addition though.

TE Donald Parham; OH that guy? ...Never heard of him.

Ke'Shawn Vaughn is the only RB on TBs roster past this year. BA has also said good things about him. 

I've always like Bourne and he is a big red zone guy. I wanted to snag him on waivers a couple of years ago but JLash I think beat me to him.

Parham had some chemistry for Herbert last year. I am betting on him being Hunter Henry replacement. MD4L thinks it's Nabers.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Ke'Shawn Vaughn is the only RB on TBs roster past this year. BA has also said good things about him. 

I've always like Bourne and he is a big red zone guy. I wanted to snag him on waivers a couple of years ago but JLash I think beat me to him.

Parham had some chemistry for Herbert last year. I am betting on him being Hunter Henry replacement. MD4L thinks it's Nabers.

TY for the insight

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

NP. It also looks like you think Bourne might still be on the 49ers from that comment. He is the Patriots #2 WR now.

Yeah, I was thinkingnhe was still with SF. I forgot that he went to NE. I think Bourne is going to be really good. I picked him up off Waivers at one point but that didn't really develop so I let him walk because I wasn't about to 3 up him. I think you picking him up was a smart move.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Or OBJ isn't back to form, Aiyuk has a sophomore slump, Hollywood doesn't get more consistent, and Toney barely sees the field...in which case ARob will be my one and only.

None of these options included an arrest. I'm disappointed in you 

• Like 2