BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

31 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Great news for you @SirA1, Danielle Hunter & the Vikings made things work out together.

Yeah hoping he balls out this year. The $18M roster bonus next year will create a solid deadline for him and the team as well.

Not making any promises but after I get a shower at this truck stop and get back in my truck I'm going to try to go through and put time stamps next to all the current high bids on my list. This is more for me than you all tbh. It'll make it so much easier for me to track

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

If he signs and plays this year he provides a cheap starter. If he retires then next year the second year won’t even matter it will be erased from the books. Worth a gamble to some on what will in reality likely be a one year contract on your books.

I guess, but why bother doing that now instead of waiting to Shark Tank? Worse, what if he plays, sucks, and gets cut in the offseason?

4 hours ago, MD4L said:

Not as confusing as you offering 15k per year to Matthew Stafford.

Why not? I have gobs of cap space, need a backup QB, and could potentially get a big return on investment if he plays well for McVay.

4 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Why not. 

Because he's not on a team, hasn't even made any free agent visits that I know of, is 30 years old, and was hurt for a chunk of last season?

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

2 questions is it Mitchell Schwartz injured? Is Mitchell Schwartz even on a team?

Yes. No.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Why not? I have gobs of cap space, need a backup QB, and could potentially get a big return on investment if he plays well for McVay.

Bad logic is just bad logic. I thinks been proven that it's unlikely a QB in this league with a salary of 15k+ is even tradeable. 

Secondly, you placed a bid on literally the ONLY QB with an offer.

Jimmy G, Carson Wentz,, Teddy Bridgewater, the list goes on of actual starting QBs and you bid on the 1 QB that happened to be targeted by a division team. It'd be more logic for a team in your position to go after a QB in the shark tank. But it is what it is.

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bad logic is just bad logic. I thinks been proven that it's unlikely a QB in this league with a salary of 15k+ is even tradeable. 

Secondly, you placed a bid on literally the ONLY QB with an offer.

Jimmy G, Carson Wentz,, Teddy Bridgewater, the list goes on of actual starting QBs and you bid on the 1 QB that happened to be targeted by a division team. It'd be more logic for a team in your position to go after a QB in the shark tank. But it is what it is.

Depends on what you're asking for. I know I'm not getting multiple 1sts for him, but if he stays healthy and makes a playoff run? Yeah, I'll get something worthwhile for a top QB on an affordable deal in his prime years.

We both know Stafford is a better player than any of those guys and getting him for sub-20k is a steal. I bid on him for the same reason you bid him back up. Don't pretend you don't understand the move.

As for thinking this is all about you and bidding up the player you wanted:

Blue — 06/09/2021
so we're both down with a 2 year/$27k deal for Matt Stafford on Monday, right

MWil23 — 06/10/2021
good with me
[6:11 AM]
Stafford would be nice insurance and potential trade bait if needed

Ain't all about you, bro

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Depends on what you're asking for. I know I'm not getting multiple 1sts for him, but if he stays healthy and makes a playoff run? Yeah, I'll get something worthwhile for a top QB on an affordable deal in his prime years.

We both know Stafford is a better player than any of those guys and getting him for sub-20k is a steal. I bid on him for the same reason you bid him back up. Don't pretend you don't understand the move.

As for thinking this is all about you and bidding up the player you wanted:

Ain't all about you, bro

First of all, I never said it was all about me. Second of all, 2 other people, not me, essentially accused you of price gouging, one did for sure.

I'm not making accusations. Also, I don't think you have the first clue as to why I bid on Stafford. We definitely didn't do it for the same reason.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

First of all, I never said it was all about me. Second of all, 2 other people, not me, essentially accused you of price gouging, one did for sure.

I'm not making accusations. Also, I don't think you have the first clue as to why I bid on Stafford. We definitely didn't do it for the same reason.

You certainly implied it, lol.

Yes you are, just own it. I know exactly why you bid on Stafford, you want insurance in case Wilson is trash/hurt and you view him as an asset if/when somebody else's QB goes down or for next offseason. You're not some sort of master of deception, it's the same move I think most of us would make.

23 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

When y’all raise the price on each other or me it’s lame. But when I purposely do it to y’all it’s wonderful. 

Thus when you outbid me the guy is yours. 

• Like 2