BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, Blue said:

He can, I just don't think anyone reasonably expects him to be a consistent deep threat. Dude's always been a short to intermediate guy outside of one year in Detroit.

And yo, I don't think either of these guys are bad! You're just not building much of a deep passing game around either of them. Chark's the guy there.

Fair again. Jones was a crucial player on our championship roster last year. Always thought he was good but I have even greater appreciation after benefiting from his contributions. 

For the Jaguars offense, their biggest enemy will be the coaching staff. HC, OC are not inspiring (so far) at all. Way too much run heavy, short target to YAC reliance. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Fair again. Jones was a crucial player on our championship roster last year. Always thought he was good but I have even greater appreciation after benefiting from his contributions. 

For the Jaguars offense, their biggest enemy will be the coaching staff. HC, OC are not inspiring (so far) at all. Way too much run heavy, short target to YAC reliance. 

Well, you know I would never criticize former BDL stud Marvin Jones.

Absolutely, it's preseason and already groans from the fanbase over the playcalling. We'll see what happens when the games matter, but man, not even naming your No. 1 overall pick the starter? Come on.

• Like 1

Early indications are my offensive rookie draft picks are going to disappoint (TLaw, Chase, Pitts, DeVonta, won’t include Tremble he was a later pick for me and always expected him to not do much out the gate) but my three defensive draft picks are going to be nice. We shall see.

5 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Realizing I might be talking up Marvin Jones cuz my WR room looks like the Toon Squad bench mid game. 

Watkins has apparently been pretty good in camp and Cooks is a fine receiver.

Depth tho

7 hours ago, MD4L said:

Shenault would be baller in the slasher role, which makes me again question why they are using Etienne to a similar role. And then they aren’t even playing them.

It's the preseason. I imagine they aren't tipping their hand