BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

While I agree that spending that money on the LBs in the tank was pretty silly, I would also hesitate in being overly critical of another team's FA moves if I came into the season with Rhamondre Stevenson and Kyle Juszcyk as my top RB options.

I bid Alvin Kamara up $6k over what the previously-highest paid running back got and was in on Zeke Elliott too. Pheltz did nothing at quarterback until the Shark Tank.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Let’s not forget paying $17,000 for Mahomes backup who could yield a 2nd round pick next year.

You seriously gonna look at what Matt Stafford has done through 4 games and criticize that? Pretty sure there are a couple teams right now that would love to have Matt Stafford as an option next year.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Pheltz did nothing at quarterback until the Shark Tank.

Other than drafting 2 guys, one with my 1st.  No regrets on not trying to sign Stafford to a contract that large, already explained why.   I do wish I kept after Carr though, his contract is a bargain currently - hats off to frogs for signing him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Other than drafting 2 guys, one with my 1st.  No regrets on not trying to sign Stafford to a contract that large, already explained why.   I do wish I kept after Carr though, his contract is a bargain currently - hats off to frogs for signing him.

Yeah, not keeping Carr was a mistake imo. Pretty cheap deal for what you're getting.

I'm sorry if I'm being overly harsh, been a long day. Sent my late class home because quite frankly they aren't doing the work and it's really pissing me off.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, not keeping Carr was a mistake imo. Pretty cheap deal for what you're getting.

I'm sorry if I'm being overly harsh, been a long day. Sent my late class home because quite frankly they aren't doing the work and it's really pissing me off.

My child managed to **** on her clothing today.

And the floor.

And my foot.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

You seriously gonna look at what Matt Stafford has done through 4 games and criticize that? Pretty sure there are a couple teams right now that would love to have Matt Stafford as an option next year.

I’m not criticizing Stafford. He has been great.

I’m criticizing you telling others to put a winning product on the field and paying backups who won’t play for a season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m not criticizing Stafford. He has been great.

I’m criticizing you telling others to put a winning product on the field and paying backups who won’t play for a season.

I didn't criticize anyone for paying players who won't play for a year. I also very obviously tried to put the best team I could on the field and you know it.

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

I didn't criticize anyone for paying players who won't play for a year. I also very obviously tried to put the best team I could on the field and you know it.

I did, particularly those who have Mahomes and prioritize his backup.