BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I guess so. To me, I just take good players regardless of position. You maybe can get away with a so-so player at certain undervalued positions but I think a bad one can ding you and I think yours are bad. Also I think having a good, household name type player at undervalued positions can still be a bonus to you.

Before urban Meyer. Brandon Linder was a top five center in the league 

22 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The market just isn't there. If you aren't making a push, it may make sense to try and sell before the deadline to get anything back, but any potential playoff team would not be worth selling assets now. 

I would imagine that this trend will likely continue next season, given the cap going down. 2023 is when trading will ramp back up, our cap will increase substantially and I think people will be willing to manuever cap space more freely.

Yeah for sure that's the big thing. Which is why ultimately I'm ok holding onto most of the guys I have left because I can afford to bring them back. And why I'm willing to go super cheap on some of the guys I know I won't be able to realistically bring back like Terron Armstead.

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Damn Kinlaw and Sanders on IR too. You really stepped on the wrong dude's toes around this time in the past life Racks. I know that feeling from last year lol. 

Makes me feel a little better about blowing it up now too. I was feeling like I could've tried to see if I'd have gotten healthy for the playoffs but obviously that wouldn't have been the case. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Dude is selling anyway 

I'm fairly happy with how it's gone now. Other than selling low on Wilson I feel good about what I've gotten for players. And even though I didn't get rid of some of my bigger names, I now have the cap to actually keep them this offseason while still having some money to work with.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I was giving you a Charlie thumbs up 

I thought it was sarcastic, and I was on your side. Because Rags makes a random comment but gives us no context, doesn't provide a link, a quote or anything. I'm not doing the leg work on that.

"The thing I like best about one of my players is that thing they said!"

edit: Do better, Rags.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I thought it was sarcastic, and I was on your side. Because Rags makes a random comment but gives us no context, doesn't provide a link, a quote or anything. I'm not doing the leg work on that.

"The thing I like best about one of my players is that thing they said!"

edit: Do better, Rags.

Oh a Charlie thumbs up is very sarcastic but it’s not mean

• Like 1