BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  I hope he gets his mind where he needs it to be.

2.  He removed any trade value.

Sucks for Ridley, man. Seeing a lot more of this lately. Lane Johnson just missed weeks dealing with depression and anxiety issues.

Just now, Jlash said:

Sucks for Ridley, man. Seeing a lot more of this lately. Lane Johnson just missed weeks dealing with depression and anxiety issues.

I think society is getting to a point where guys feel like they can even admit they need some help and step away.  Which is much better in their long term interests.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think society is getting to a point where guys feel like they can even admit they need some help and step away.  Which is much better in their long term interests.

A few years ago when the Eagles signed Brandon Brooks he started randomly missing games, and finally opened up that every single game of his NFL career he got so anxious beforehand that he would vomit up until game time. He and Lane are essentially best friends, so I'm gonna assume these guys are starting to support each other in voicing what's going on.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

A few years ago when the Eagles signed Brandon Brooks he started randomly missing games, and finally opened up that every single game of his NFL career he got so anxious beforehand that he would vomit up until game time. He and Lane are essentially best friends, so I'm gonna assume these guys are starting to support each other in voicing what's going on.

I hope the NFL starts stepping forward on the mental health aspect, cause if NFL players with all their money and physical toughness need mental health help sometimes, everybody does.

Could you guys look over the IR listing.  I think I have it worked out will explain in a minute but for now please take a moment and look at the IR listing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAj07vCoa_nY2M49a5Te1Qpk-H06AuoQQp6MsAUUIRs/edit#gid=1441012791

If they are no longer on IR, their name will not appear in column I (filter for matching BDL to Spotrac).

Let me know if this works for you guys.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Tbh, his stepping away for a few games, doesn't change his skillset at all and has very little to do with why I'd listen to offers. 

Understandable, but while he believes it is short term, there's no certainty there. He's on an expiring contract (Not sure if he's RFA eligible, though I'd guess he is) and would need a 3-up in the near future. The fact that he's not available indefinitely, combined with his contract situation, and asking for a top 16 pick is probably not something any owner here would be willing to risk.

Then again, the Broncos drafted Tim Tebow in the first, so all it takes is one...

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Understandable, but while he believes it is short term, there's no certainty there. He's on an expiring contract (Not sure if he's RFA eligible, though I'd guess he is) and would need a 3-up in the near future. The fact that he's not available indefinitely, combined with his contract situation, and asking for a top 16 pick is probably not something any owner here would be willing to risk.

Then again, the Broncos drafted Tim Tebow in the first, so all it takes is one...

I understand all of that. I wasn't actually expecting interest.

On a side note. I am also in the market for a WR.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Came back and put him on Pitts and absolutely shut him down. The Carolina secondary is nice.

They bracketed Pitts most of the game. Smart by them without Ridley when other than Patterson who isn’t traditionally lining out wide he is the only real receiving threat on the boundary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

They bracketed Pitts most of the game. Smart by them without Ridley when other than Patterson who isn’t traditionally lining out wide he is the only real receiving threat on the boundary. 

Yea he had no shot in this one. They knew he was the only real threat to them.

• Like 1