BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

24 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Tell me the truth guys, are you trolling me?  I ask only because this happens every year:  Someone has no idea how to 3 up;  someone else agrees with the wrong way;  I correct them using some real easy logic; some idiot says the system is broken and needs to be revamped; there are no issues with 3 Ups the rest of the year.

giphy.gif

>pheltz every year this comes around.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

You forgot his 5th year option.  He is currently signed through 2025 IRL as such:

2022 - 10.88mil - 5th year option

2023 - 25 - 3 yr/54mil

Soooooo....

IRL - 4/64.88mil = BDL 4/16.220

16.220 * .75 = 12.165

BDL 3 Up = 4/12.165

Dont listen to these other fools, they dont know.

3 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Correct.  

Not trying to be a ****, just trying to understand. Why did you use 16,220 as the number instead of the 18,000 that spotrac has as the average salary?

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Correct.  

then technically he couldn't three up Miller as the base contract next year is still rookie contract and you can't three up a rookie contract if you really want to get super technical

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Not trying to be a ****, just trying to understand. Why did you use 16,220 as the number instead of the 18,000 that spotrac has as the average salary?

Scroll back...the difference is the 5th year option that was not included initially

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

then technically he couldn't three up Miller as the base contract next year is still rookie contract and you can't three up a rookie contract if you really want to get super technical

We use 5th year option as a placeholder all the time, what are you talking about?

Edited by pheltzbahr

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Scroll back...the difference is the 5th year option that was not included initially

I just thought we only used the straight up number they post in the average salary box. Guess this could be good for me cause that would likely drop the cap hits of Watt and Ragnow this offseason. Will be eagerly awaiting clarification. 

Just now, rackcs said:

I just thought we only used the straight up number they post in the average salary box. Guess this could be good for me cause that would likely drop the cap hits of Watt and Ragnow this offseason. Will be eagerly awaiting clarification. 

I'll look later.  Most of these are pretty straightforward like Miller, just have to use your brain for a couple seconds.