BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

You don’t know this. Why does everyone do this playing me now? Just show up and let’s battle it out baby! (I know you’ll show up)

I mean I traded away most of the good players I have on offense. Obviously you know I'll do my best with what I got but you have a legit contender team in my opinion. Any given Sunday-Wednesday though.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

I mean I traded away most of the good players I have on offense. Obviously you know I'll do my best with what I got but you have a legit contender team in my opinion. Any given Sunday-Wednesday though.

Yeah baby! Bring it! You like my mock?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Completely off topic...

Did you hear that Joe Judge blamed poor clock management on the league for headset issues?  The league came back and said it wasn't true.

I really hope that there is more to this story because if Joe blamed the league on his poor clock management, I think I have my answer on whether or not he goes when Dave Gettleman goes.  

It sounds like we need to blow up the entire front office of the Giants.

The Giants need a clean sweep of GM, HC, and QB. Just start over.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

FYI, I don't care if it's a deep class at any particular position. I have ten picks and years of bad BDL drafting taught me to just go BPA and figure out the rest later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Not a fan of Olave, and not sure I'll be taking a QB at all or in the first 2 rounds as you mentioned in my writeup but I always love the mocks! That's a pretty brutal way for the board to fall right before my pick for sure, not sure where'd I go there. Maybe I'd go Jordan Davis. Or potentially Tyler Linderbaum and then let Ragnow walk in FA.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Giants need a clean sweep of GM, HC, and QB. Just start over.

FYI, I don't care if it's a deep class at any particular position. I have ten picks and years of bad BDL drafting taught me to just go BPA and figure out the rest later.

Good thing Leal is better than Stingley anyways. But 100% agree. My goal this year is to go BPA as much as possible and just hope I'm a decent talent evaluator.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Got me some Mike White to take over for struggling starter Patrick Mahomes, Cancun playoff run incoming

Three people tried to claim Mike white this week when there's an actual season of long starting qb available. For shame 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Three people tried to claim Mike white this week when there's an actual season of long starting qb available. For shame 

White has RFA eligibility, but I still went for it for the meme

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Not a fan of Olave, and not sure I'll be taking a QB at all or in the first 2 rounds as you mentioned in my writeup but I always love the mocks! That's a pretty brutal way for the board to fall right before my pick for sure, not sure where'd I go there. Maybe I'd go Jordan Davis. Or potentially Tyler Linderbaum and then let Ragnow walk in FA.

Good thing Leal is better than Stingley anyways. But 100% agree. My goal this year is to go BPA as much as possible and just hope I'm a decent talent evaluator.

Thinking about this more too, I'd be tempted to take Kenyon Green or Ikem Ekwonu there but with Nelson and Hunt already two good starters at guard, I don't think I would. I know I just said I wanted to go BPA but that's too BPA for me, taking a backup guard in the first round.

A few really interesting matchups this week actually. 

NO @ Ivory Coast - Winner gets the tiebreaker and a 1.5 game lead over the opponent for the no.1 seed, making it most likely a two horse race between them and Anchorage for the 1 seed. 

Raleigh @ Rome - Will have a large bearing on who makes the playoffs and the positioning of those 5-8 seeds, with both remaining in contention for a home playoff with a win. 

Death Valley @ Berlin - Geno vs. a Henry & Ridley-less Death Valley. Not a huge deal for DV given their next 2 opponents combine for one win, but will need it to keep pace with the top 4 while Berlin need to stay in the playoff race.

Antarctica @ Cuba - Basically an elimination match as the loser falls to 6 losses and will need to win out + get results go their way. 

Edited by WFLukic