BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

I highly doubt I take an OT.    Even with Neal’s talent level.  I have Eichenberg, Brown, and Borom now.     Might need a vet,  but doubt I’d add another young guy.  

I wouldn’t complain about the rest of the draft though,  well done 

I just figure Neal is a top tier talent and guys like that group shouldn't necessarily deter you from taking him. I just don't think Stingley is worth the 2nd pick. It's a tough spot I suppose.

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

Guess you’re really happy you made the Gronkowski/Johnson trades now.

Well I was always happy about the Gronk trade. He was literally just cap filler for the Mike Evans trade so that was a free pick. But we'll see, I think you'll win a few more down the stretch for sure.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Great work rack. First two rounds I like a lot. Third round while I like Kendrick there are some character things there that I should probably avoid. I’d go Overshown there. 

Fair point on Kendrick, I understand that you're going to be much more averse to character stuff going forward.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Any mock that has Hamilton available at 3 and me not taking him is a really, really poor mock.

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

does not approve chris farley GIF

I can't win with you two

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I just figure Neal is a top tier talent and guys like that group shouldn't necessarily deter you from taking him. I just don't think Stingley is worth the 2nd pick. It's a tough spot I suppose.

I wouldn’t shy away if a guy is clearly dropping.     Hamilton likely won’t drop past 2 regardless if Blue wants someone to trade up to #3 for him.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well I was always happy about the Gronk trade. He was literally just cap filler for the Mike Evans trade so that was a free pick. But we'll see, I think you'll win a few more down the stretch for sure.

we are going to keep trying. Kind of fascinating to see where things are and going from there. 

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

4. Cuba Smugglers: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

You’ve gotta pick absurdly high to get him. The more likely route is going big after a FA like Griffin this year but looks like CB and WR are our biggest needs.

4. Cuba Smugglers: Ikem Ekwonu, OG, North Carolina

Matt Hennessy has been surprisingly good and Jenkins is eventually going to get 12-15k annually from us. I don’t see us investing that high for a OL.

4. Cuba Smugglers: Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State

We got Lane Johnson for the stretch run but in 65/35 percent chance he retires we’ll keep him on as a high end starter for next year. I’m looking for WR and CBS currently. Double dipping at CB is a highly likely possibility. 

i don’t know most of these guys and presumably that will make a big difference come draft time.

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Fair point on Kendrick, I understand that you're going to be much more averse to character stuff going forward.

I can't win with you two

I like pushing Blue’s buttons :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You’ve gotta pick absurdly high to get him. The more likely route is going big after a FA like Griffin this year but looks like CB and WR are our biggest needs.

Matt Hennessy has been surprisingly good and Jenkins is eventually going to get 12-15k annually from us. I don’t see us investing that high for a OL.

We got Lane Johnson for the stretch run but in 65/35 percent chance he retires we’ll keep him on as a high end starter for next year. I’m looking for WR and CBS currently. Double dipping at CB is a highly likely possibility. 

i don’t know most of these guys and presumably that will make a big difference come draft time.

I've heard mixed things about Hennessy. And I feel like Ekwonu and Lucas are both easy day one starters at LT and RG so the idea was that they'd fill out your OL and be startable right away.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I like pushing Blue’s buttons :) 

Who doesn't?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think he's saying he's taking Hamilton at 2. So you better start out-tanking him if you want Hamilton. 

I got that, what made me lolwut is the apparent implication that I'm smokescreening to get someone to trade up to 3 with me for Hamilton??

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

I got that, what made me lolwut is the apparent implication that I'm smokescreening to get someone to trade up to 3 with me for Hamilton??

What made you lolwut is someone nailing the fact that that is exactly what you'd do.

29 minutes ago, rackcs said:

To be fair, that does sound like something you would do

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

What made you lolwut is someone nailing the fact that that is exactly what you'd do.

I have no idea why you guys think this, lol.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

I can't win with you two

I missed the Smith pick in the 4th so in the 3rd Drake Jackson or Dotson to double up at edge or wr is where I would look

• Like 1