Bills Front Office news and rumours.

Trentwannabe

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Have to admit, Frazier makes sense for them. He's stable and they absolutely need that. He has a lot of connections, so would likely be able to build a solid staff in a matter of maybe just 2 years. I think he has been good for our D, especially the secondary, so it's not like I want to see him go, but I could get over losing him. If we do lose him, I hope we replace him with someone with a good history of working with DL's, where I think we need the most help on that side of the ball.

Edited by Yibbyl

2 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Have to admit, Frazier makes sense for them. He's stable and they absolutely need that. He has a lot of connections, so would likely be able to build a solid staff in a matter of maybe just 2 years. I think he has been good for our D, especially the secondary, so it's not like I want to see him go, but I could get over losing him. If we do lose him, I hope we replace him with someone with a good history of working with DL's, where I think we need the most help on that side of the ball.

I’d be very happy for him and would hope he can prove a lot of people wrong. 

Steve Wilks just became the Mizzou DC so he’s out as an option. Not sure about current Bills DL coach Eric Washington who had two years exp as a DC for Carolina.

I thought Anthony Weaver would have been a good fit but he’s already been taken. Bills may be forced to promote eternal (good options available) or get creative with hiring an assistant coach (Sam Mills, Matt Burke, Kacy Rodgers).

11 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’d be very happy for him and would hope he can prove a lot of people wrong. 

Steve Wilks just became the Mizzou DC so he’s out as an option. Not sure about current Bills DL coach Eric Washington who had two years exp as a DC for Carolina.

I thought Anthony Weaver would have been a good fit but he’s already been taken. Bills may be forced to promote eternal (good options available) or get creative with hiring an assistant coach (Sam Mills, Matt Burke, Kacy Rodgers).

I wouldnt rule out Wilks... he would be dumb to take a Mizzou DC job over ours. Ive seen guys accept college positions and then get offered an NFL job and take that. Hell we did that with George Edwards... he was offered a job by Chan Gailey after he had accpted the Florida Gators DC job.

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I wouldnt rule out Wilks... he would be dumb to take a Mizzou DC job over ours. Ive seen guys accept college positions and then get offered an NFL job and take that. Hell we did that with George Edwards... he was offered a job by Chan Gailey after he had accpted the Florida Gators DC job.

That’s assuming he wants back into the NFL or that McDermott would even approach him now that he’s employed. 

11 hours ago, Danger said:

You guys interested in Zach Ertz?

Bills will be interested in a TE just not sure if it will be Ertz. Bills are some what cap strapped and with Ertz injury history and him coming out and saying he wants a new deal I do not see him coming to the bills unless it is a respectable deal. The reason I could see a trade happening is he is on the last year of his deal with Eagles, and the Eagles are strapped for cap I assume he is on the bubble, so he could be had for a late round pick. My understanding is the front office view's Goedert as the long term answer over Ertz. Just depends on the price and the new deal that would follow? My ideal choice is Hunter Henry but Ertz is not a bad consolation prize as he will be an upgrade over Knox.

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills will be interested in a TE just not sure if it will be Ertz. Bills are some what cap strapped and with Ertz injury history and him coming out and saying he wants a new deal I do not see him coming to the bills unless it is a respectable deal. The reason I could see a trade happening is he is on the last year of his deal with Eagles, and the Eagles are strapped for cap I assume he is on the bubble, so he could be had for a late round pick. My understanding is the front office view's Goedert as the long term answer over Ertz. Just depends on the price and the new deal that would follow? My ideal choice is Hunter Henry but Ertz is not a bad consolation prize as he will be an upgrade over Knox.

Personally. I don't see him being moved for anything less than a 4.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

As far as the cap goes, I think the team he's traded to is only on the hook for $5 Million or so this year.

yea but he wants a new deal that is the issue. So not only would a trade have to be agreed on but also a new deal for him or he would likely hold out. He made it clear this year, and based on rumors he was almost on the move before he got injured before the trade deadline. So I assume they will part ways whether it is on a day 3 pick trade or they flat out cut him. He is 30 years old and injury prone plus a new deal as he is on his last year. Dont see him fetching more then a 4th or 5th.

Edited by soflbillsfan