GDT - Week : San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

The running games struggles have just as much to do with the scheme as it does the talent in the backfield. There simply isn't holes to run through a lot of the time and no free agent RB is going to fix that. 

With that said, I really hope they consider Nick Chubb in the draft. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The running games struggles have just as much to do with the scheme as it does the talent in the backfield. There simply isn't holes to run through a lot of the time and no free agent RB is going to fix that. 

With that said, I really hope they consider Nick Chubb in the draft. 

Me too. I got the line already “I got a chub for Chubb!”

Watching that play more and more it seems like it shouldn't have been an OPI. Especially after Brown says he purposely ran into Garcon and Garcon was clearly the intended target on the pass play. You don't run a pick if you're the guy getting the ball.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Watching that play more and more it seems like it shouldn't have been an OPI. Especially after Brown says he purposely ran into Garcon and Garcon was clearly the intended target on the pass play. You don't run a pick if you're the guy getting the ball.

I thought the same. I was for sure they were going to call pass interference on Brown. Oh well, we got screwed harder because of the Davis non fumble, which gave them points and there was pass interference on the Cousins int. The Garçon PI seemed like the only call that went our way all game.

14 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Oh well. They were gifted a fumble so it only seems fair. I do agree though. Shouldn't have been on Garçon. 

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Gruden wasn't handcuffed by having to use Griffin.

Shanahan chose mcnabb and Rex/Beck. I know you like to make all the excuses in the world for his poor tenure here but he had just as much a hand in it as anybody else. 

20 hours ago, Slateman said:

Gruden wasn't handcuffed by having to use Griffin.

He was his first year in DC when we went 4-12.

Shananan had his choice of Qbs for years. He didn’t find his man and Cousins wasn’t really ready yet either. On top of that Shanahan never did find enough talent for the defense except in 2011 but then we started getting hit by injuries with those free agents and Landry but Shanahan didn’t draft well to replace those free agents we signed in 2011 and didn’t build a defense well through the draft.

Archived