Report: NYG to Retain Dave Gettleman

Kodaraw

I thought the only way he might get fired is if the Cowboys embarrassed us which would be to blowout losses in a row. That did not happen, hopefully he will as good an off season this year as he had last year, just do better with out first round pick. Right now it is looking like Andrew Thomas might be 4th best tackle out of the first four taken. He is not a bust, but he is not the best.

Next season is make or break year for Gettleman and Jones IMHO. I would think anything short of the playoffs does in Gettlemen. But if can hit on FA signings like he did last offseason, bring in a decent haul in the draft, I really think this team is an offensive spark away from being a contender (assuming Graham stays)

• Like 1

Pretty disappointing to be honest.  He certainly turned it around somewhat with a few great signings this past offseason.  But I don't think that should erase the start of his tenure here.  He botched the first attempt at a rebuild and now he gets a second chance? 

My fear is that he'll be around long enough to sign Saquon to a massive deal.  Running back deals never work out.

• Like 1

I'm neutral towards Gettleman. We had our best season since the Reese era, and he was an important part of it. I think we can move forward with him for another year as long as Joe Judge has a lot of input. But 2021 should be his last chance to make this a winning team.

• Like 1

Guessing this has more to do with Judge than Gettleman.  We don't know their working relationship, but I can see Gettleman being told that Judge will have more control over personnel decisions and owenership wanting to keep continuality for a young head coach.  

• Like 1