Madden 18

bucsfan333

Madden was terrible last year.  The running game was broken.  You could only run out of spread shotgun formations, any traditional formations were impossible to run out of.  Passing was way too easy.  The Franchise Mode hasn't been upgraded in years.  It was the least I've ever played an iteration of Madden.  The game only caters to online gaming and MUT now.  People who enjoy single-player franchise mode have been ignored for years.  I don't think I'm going to buy it this year.  

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Madden was terrible last year.  The running game was broken.  You could only run out of spread shotgun formations, any traditional formations were impossible to run out of.  Passing was way too easy.  The Franchise Mode hasn't been upgraded in years.  It was the least I've ever played an iteration of Madden.  The game only caters to online gaming and MUT now.  People who enjoy single-player franchise mode have been ignored for years.  I don't think I'm going to buy it this year.  

My friend has a copy of Madden 16, and I bought 17 for $10. The franchise was virtually identical, and very shallow. Scouting is a joke. Player progression is meh at best. I only play franchise, not an online player, so it won't be worth upgrading for me.

All I want from Madden is for them to follow the 2k trail. I know its obviously not going to happen this year, but I would love to see EA bring back NFL Street as the "MyPark" version of Madden. This year though, I just hope they make some more improvements to franchise mode. I have heard that MUT was better in 17, but I want more immersion in online franchises that I can play with my friends.

Looks like they wasted more time on pregame stuff. Wish they'd leave it alone and focus more on gameplay.

Precision passing is something we've already had. Unless you can now try and throw guys open or something. If that's the case, I wonder if it'll be OP like the aggressive catching was.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

So..umm...I actually enjoyed Madden 17.

I played a game the other day and enjoyed it. Won 27-17 against Cincy. My only gripe was Hill carrying the ball 29 times.

Made me wanna start another franchise.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I played a game the other day and enjoyed it. Won 27-17 against Cincy. My only gripe was Hill carrying the ball 29 times.

Made me wanna start another franchise.

It's still a flawed game for sure. I just think there really have been solid gameplay advancements and the franchise mode is more playable than it was a few years ago. Admittedly, it's a low bar to clear, but I don't think it's a terrible game.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:40 PM, bucsfan333 said:

The target passing sounds like the old vision cone. But a bazillion times better.

Granted, I didn't hate the cone idea. But it's initial implementation was awful.

To this day I feel like I'm the only one who loved that feature.  It made the most sense.  You can't see the entire field every second, so it makes perfect sense that you should have to look at the receiver you want to throw to.  It made playing safety a hell of a lot of fun, and it was the only realistic QB feature Madden ever had.  I wish they would bring back something where you'd at LEAST have to look to your right, down the middle or to your left before you could throw right/middle/left.  Remove the vision cone, but have the QB actually have to look and have it effect your accuracy if you don't look where you're throwing before you throw it. 

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

To this day I feel like I'm the only one who loved that feature.  It made the most sense.  You can't see the entire field every second, so it makes perfect sense that you should have to look at the receiver you want to throw to.  It made playing safety a hell of a lot of fun, and it was the only realistic QB feature Madden ever had.  I wish they would bring back something where you'd at LEAST have to look to your right, down the middle or to your left before you could throw right/middle/left.  Remove the vision cone, but have the QB actually have to look and have it effect your accuracy if you don't look where you're throwing before you throw it. 

I agree. And it sounds like the new feature kinda implements that.

Archived