• Cubs in 6
    • Cubs in 7
    • Dodgers in 4
    • Dodgers in 5
    • Dodgers in 6
    • Dodgers in 7

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Ouch Seager. 

I believe in this Dodgers team though I think they are different than before. They were the best regular season team and they will win the World Series. 

Other than the Cubs last year, the team with the best regular season record hasn’t faired all that well in the playoffs of late.  It also makes me feel better when you realize how mediocre they were in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Rondon on the roster over Justin Wilson.

Can players be added to the roster during the series?  Or are the rosters set until the next series?

Thank God that Wilson isn’t an option. I can’t get over how good he was in Detroit and how terrible he has been in Chicago.

The rosters are locked except for injury. Not hard to see the Dodgers come up with an “injury” to a bench player is Seager feels better in a few days.

31 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Other than the Cubs last year, the team with the best regular season record hasn’t faired all that well in the playoffs of late.  It also makes me feel better when you realize how mediocre they were in the 2nd half.

I am well aware of the best team not faring well recently and that the Dodgers were pretty miserable in the second half. The way I look at it is the baseball playoffs are random and that being the best regular doesn't necessarily mean anything but I can't take anything away from them either.

The second half was really a switch off kinda moment I feel it looked like they were gonna win 120 games and they really only had history to play for with everything being more or less locked up. I am not putting much stock in that and firmly believe they are still the team from the first half of the season. This season wasn't about history it was about winning that WS that as alluded them recently. Cleveland was the best second half team in baseball and they are home watching now they do something like start drone boy game one in order to set themselves up for the WS they get shocked and upset while LA took care of business and returned to form and swept a good Zona team. They gotta know by now and I think they do they should be ready for tonight. 

18 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Holy crap. Remember that Dodgers skid in late August- early September? It was when Seager was hurt. They went 6-18 without him. Even if he only misses 2 games and the Dodgers circumvent the roster rules, that’s a monster blow to them.

Alright there may be something there but I'm not gonna change how I've felt since the playoffs started because of it. 

Cubs are the defending champs and a great team and I'll say winner of this series wins the WS regardless but I think it's LA. 

21 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I've got a bad feeling the Dodgers are gonna win this series.  With it without Seager.

Certainly fair. They are a really good team. Every team left is a solid squad and any matchup in the WS looks to be quality.

Archived