• Cubs in 5
    • Cubs in 6
    • Cubs in 7
    • Dodgers in 4
    • Dodgers in 5
    • Dodgers in 6
    • Dodgers in 7

18 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I’m confused. What has he done tonight that would cause you to think he’s anything but a positive defensive catcher?

Admittedly, we're talking about a very limited sample size but I've seen Contreras get turned around on pitches, he's stabbing at balls in the dirt, etc.  I mean, I wouldn't say he's bad but he's not the defender I thought he was.  Not talking about his arm either.

I'm hoping that Wade Davis was secretly still sore or tired or something, but he did get up in the bullpen. Maybe he had a terrible bullpen warm-up or something? I don't know. 

I'm trying to find a way that makes Maddon look like anything but an idiot for saving Wade Davis for later, but there's probably no excuse. I just thought that Maddon was smarter than that. 

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I'm hoping that Wade Davis was secretly still sore or tired or something, but he did get up in the bullpen. Maybe he had a terrible bullpen warm-up or something? I don't know. 

I'm trying to find a way that makes Maddon look like anything but an idiot for saving Wade Davis for later, but there's probably no excuse. I just thought that Maddon was smarter than that. 

Post game nterview I'm sure you've seen by now he said Wade was being held out for the save.

Archived