The Eagles Injury Update Thread

Phire

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby says he'll be a full practice participant this week for the first time since dislocating his right ankle Week 1 against the Washington Redskins, and lined up on the outside with the first-team defense during Monday's practice at the NovaCare Complex. 

After sitting out 10 weeks to recover, Darby says that he doesn't expect to have any limitations on Sunday. night and could play every snap if called upon. 

"If that's what they ask of me, yeah," Darby said, following Monday's practice. "I'm just going off of what the coaches do. I've got Jalen Mills, Patrick Robinson, and everybody's support."

30 minutes ago, 808 said:

So I'm guessing it's Darby and Mills outside with PRob in the slot? Rasul dropping to 4th CB duties, or does Undlin use a rotation?

Curious to know this as well. Given how well they have played as a Unit, it's Darby who should be rotated in and out of the lineup until he's back in Football/Game shape! He too has had his issues in coverage in the past. Ease him back in, Just saying.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

My thing with Darby is we've had good chemistry with our secondary at the moment. I don't know if i am a fan of just thrusting him into the starting role right away. I would like to see him rotate with Douglas untill he's back to game speed. 

Definitely agree. Expect all four of the corners to get significant playing time especially given the Cowboys will be trailing most of the game and Rayne will have to throw a lot.

28 minutes ago, Phire said:

rotate the CBs, keep fresh legs out there 

Yeah most likely outcome. Darbs can stick with the quick shifty WRs, Rasul with the bigger possession type WRs. I think Mills and PRob are playing too well to take off the field. 

Schwartz and Undlin can study tape and set lineup on that week's current match up. 

I am not to worried about the chemistry in the back end. Yeah, it is very important for CBs and the Safeties to be able to play off each other well, but it isn't like the OL. As long as guys manage their own assignments they will be fine, especially at CB. Get Darby in the game and let him go to work, the good news is if he isn't in tip top shape, we know we have Douglas behind him who can slide in and play well.

16 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am not to worried about the chemistry in the back end. Yeah, it is very important for CBs and the Safeties to be able to play off each other well, but it isn't like the OL. As long as guys manage their own assignments they will be fine, especially at CB. Get Darby in the game and let him go to work, the good news is if he isn't in tip top shape, we know we have Douglas behind him who can slide in and play well.

But why start Darby when Douglas is playing exceptionally well, especially in his 1st week back since week 1 thats a lot of time off, Would like to see him rotate in but not start. 

23 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

But why start Darby when Douglas is playing exceptionally well, especially in his 1st week back since week 1 thats a lot of time off, Would like to see him rotate in but not start. 

Because he is better than Douglas. He is much faster and will be better at covering number one type WRs. Douglas will get his chance to play still, and his playmaking ability is valuable, but Darby is just flat out a better CB.

Archived