Lions and Stafford agree to part ways, traded to Rams

Wyld Stallyns

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Since Stafford has been traded to LA,  and Houston won't trade Watson to a division rival,   any thought of trading for Dak?  

Not sure Jerrah would go with that. Seems pretty intent on keeping Dak around.

He just hasn't got to the point yet where he'll offer Dak the mega contract.....yet I add. 

4 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Since Stafford has been traded to LA,  and Houston won't trade Watson to a division rival,   any thought of trading for Dak?  

41 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Not sure Jerrah would go with that. Seems pretty intent on keeping Dak around.

He just hasn't got to the point yet where he'll offer Dak the mega contract.....yet I add. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of Prescott.  he puts up good numbers but when you look at three (IMO) critical numbers; 3rd down, trailing with (less than 4 and 2 minutes) and time in pocket.

3rd down, I have not checked all QBs, but I was assume all QBs numbers drop on 3rd down because they are more likely to take chances but Prescott's completion percentage drops significantly.

When trailing at the end of the game, I looked at 2019, he was 50/85 (59%) 0 TDs and 4 INTs. 

Time in pocket.  PFF did an article awhile ago about how a QBs stats drop significantly when they hold the ball more than 2.5 seconds.  The issue I have with Prescott is about 60% of his pass attempts are when he holds the ball longer than 2.5 seconds.  This tells me he does not know what to do after his 2nd read is covered.

One additional items regarding Dak Prescott at the end of the game.  In 2019 when the 'Boys had the lead with 4 min or 2 min remaining, he had only 5 pass attempts.  To me, that says the coach did not trust the game with the ball in Dak's hands.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of Prescott.  he puts up good numbers but when you look at three (IMO) critical numbers; 3rd down, trailing with (less than 4 and 2 minutes) and time in pocket.

3rd down, I have not checked all QBs, but I was assume all QBs numbers drop on 3rd down because they are more likely to take chances but Prescott's completion percentage drops significantly.

When trailing at the end of the game, I looked at 2019, he was 50/85 (59%) 0 TDs and 4 INTs. 

Time in pocket.  PFF did an article awhile ago about how a QBs stats drop significantly when they hold the ball more than 2.5 seconds.  The issue I have with Prescott is about 60% of his pass attempts are when he holds the ball longer than 2.5 seconds.  This tells me he does not know what to do after his 2nd read is covered.

One additional items regarding Dak Prescott at the end of the game.  In 2019 when the 'Boys had the lead with 4 min or 2 min remaining, he had only 5 pass attempts.  To me, that says the coach did not trust the game with the ball in Dak's hands.

Dang. The cats out of the bag.  Probably why we dont want to pay him $40mil/yr.   Dak=King vs prevent D. 

• Like 1

Latest news is the LV Raiders are looking to move Derek Carr to build up some trade value for Deshaun Watson.

I imagine Ballard will be looking at this one. Another chance to get a starting level QB after missing out on Stafford. Our draft position ain't great so he's got to consider all these options. 

Edited by PFM18

19 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

His base salaries the next 2 years are $19.5 million and $19.7 million with no guaranteed money on the deal. As long as we don’t give up our first I’d be ok with him. 

Actually, our low 1st would be ok with me if we got a 5th back.