Ryan Ramczyk has impressed me.

Dome

Missed training camp due to recovering from surgery, then missed a few weeks in preseason due to an injury. After spending all his time at RT behind Strief he had to switch to LT when Armstead went down, now with Strief out he’s back at RT.

He’s a rookie playing “good enough” as a starter at both tackle positions. I’m confident he’ll be a quality starter at either position once they let him settle in.

If Armstead goes down again this season, I think you put Ramy in at LT for good and draft/sign a RT of the future next year. I have serious doubts about Armstead.

7 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Missed training camp due to recovering from surgery, then missed a few weeks in preseason due to an injury. After spending all his time at RT behind Strief he had to switch to LT when Armstead went down, now with Strief out he’s back at RT.

He’s a rookie playing “good enough” as a starter at both tackle positions. I’m confident he’ll be a quality starter at either position once they let him settle in.

If Armstead goes down again this season, I think you put Ramy in at LT for good and draft/sign a RT of the future next year. I have serious doubts about Armstead.

Armstead is easily one of the most frustrating players on our team. He is such a freakish athlete for a lineman, and when healthy has shown he can be a top 5 LT, which is hard to find. However it doesn't do us much good if he can't stay on the field. The worst would be to let him go then see him dominate and stay healthy elsewhere.  

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Get in line on Ramczyk... I been singing his praises since TC. I actually believe hes played much better than ok. Hes been very impressive considering.

As far as Armstead, i understand the frustrations but hes too talented, too young with far too much upside to give up on. I liken his situation to that of Jason Peters with the eagles... Extremely talented player but has been battling injuries his whole career yet still is viewed as one of the top players at his position. 

11 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

As far as Armstead, i understand the frustrations but hes too talented, too young with far too much upside to give up on. I liken his situation to that of Jason Peters with the eagles... Extremely talented player but has been battling injuries his whole career yet still is viewed as one of the top players at his position. 

I know he's talented, but honestly, I'd rather have a really good player 100% of the time than a great player 60% of the time. The math works out in our favor.

Let's see what the next few months bring. Maybe he's had a bunch of flukes lined up that will now be in the past.

12 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I know he's talented, but honestly, I'd rather have a really good player 100% of the time than a great player 60% of the time. The math works out in our favor.

Let's see what the next few months bring. Maybe he's had a bunch of flukes lined up that will now be in the past.

Agreed. It’s not just losing a LT that hurts us when Armstead goes down, it’s all the shuffling that takes place afterwards.

It disrupts continuity and guys development gets thrown off. Continuity is more important on the oline than anywhere else and a guy who can’t help but hurt himself trying to get in the shower or whatever it was really hurts that.

If he can’t finish this season healthy, LT needs to be readdressed.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed. It’s not just losing a LT that hurts us when Armstead goes down, it’s all the shuffling that takes place afterwards.

It disrupts continuity and guys development gets thrown off. Continuity is more important on the oline than anywhere else and a guy who can’t help but hurt himself trying to get in the shower or whatever it was really hurts that.

I actually believe we are built to sustain losses on the oline. Ram can play either tackle spot but will make his home on the right side. Armstead is a probowl type player when healthy and Peat is a quality fill in at LT when needed. Id like to see us draft a young quality reserve guard that can play all 3 interior positions and then this line would be set.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I actually believe we are built to sustain losses on the oline. Ram can play either tackle spot but will make his home on the right side. Armstead is a probowl type player when healthy and Peat is a quality fill in at LT when needed. Id like to see us draft a young quality reserve guard that can play all 3 interior positions and then this line would be set.

5 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ramczyk has been a godsend for us.  I just hope he stays durable, we can't take any more tackles going down.

He started the season like a seasoned vet and is only getting better and better each passing week. 

I look at the NFL and all these teams hurting for quality offensive lineman and im amazed he lasted till the 32nd pick! Tremendous value for us... If Hendrickson develops into a quality contributor for us we will have won the Cooks trade by a wide margin. 

7 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

He played really well today. He was a force in the run game and held his on in pass blocking. He's really improving every week. I'm really impressed with how he doesn't screw up his assignments that you see a lot of rookie O-linemen do.

Really hard to find quality NFL offensive lineman in college football these days... Saints found a good one in Ramczyk.

Archived