Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The only issue I see is the potential of Bryant going to the AL in the next year being significant.

Yeah, that's the biggest thing in AL or NL only leagues, when a player like Bryant has an unknown future team, there's a big chance you're going to lose him. So that's the risk you run.

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help with my 2020 keepers. I get 6 in a 12 team category league: R-HR-RBI-SB-BA-OPS & Ks, Wins, ERA, WHIP, K:BB and Saves/Holds

Its hard to know who is being kept before draft day but its safe to say 72 of the Top-100 will be kept. Even at practically no cost, most everyone kept is in the Top-100

We start everyone hitting position once except for a UTIL(which is Alvarez), 5 OF and a 1st/3rd and 2nd/SS, also starting 9 pitchers a day and just 4 bench spots so 26 rounds total

My obvious keepers are:(Round kept)

Eloy Jimenez(20th)

Yordan Alvarez(26th)

Blake Snell(13th)

Jacob Degrom(5th)

Someone I think is obvious but not 100%

Lucas Giolito(26th)-He had a great 2019 especially as a FA add for my team but got hurt at the end. Hopefully 100% for opening day and my 5th keeper? Also Degrom costs a 1st to keep next year so if I keep Gio and he looks good he could be my long-term #2 for years

The rest: Without knowing the draft order its tough to gauge the value on these 2

Charlie Blackmon(1st), he was great again last year and as long as he's in Colorado he'll put up numbers

Xander Bogaerts(2nd) With Mookie gone, his value might take a hit

Liam Hendricks(26th), I know you dont pay for saves but this is barely paying in a 12 team league

Eduardo Escobar(10th) he was someone I loved last year and he paid off big time given where I got him

Jean Segura(17th) he's very meh but the cost is low and he'd likely fill a 2nd/SS flex spot

Zach Wheeler(24th) good value with some upside

Miguel Sano(13th) he was my playoff savior last year but maybe not the best value either. 

I know this is alot but I'd love any help I can get! I also would be willing to help too just @ me. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:36 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Need some help with my 2020 keepers. I get 6 in a 12 team category league: R-HR-RBI-SB-BA-OPS & Ks, Wins, ERA, WHIP, K:BB and Saves/Holds

Its hard to know who is being kept before draft day but its safe to say 72 of the Top-100 will be kept. Even at practically no cost, most everyone kept is in the Top-100

We start everyone hitting position once except for a UTIL(which is Alvarez), 5 OF and a 1st/3rd and 2nd/SS, also starting 9 pitchers a day and just 4 bench spots so 26 rounds total

My obvious keepers are:(Round kept)

Eloy Jimenez(20th)

Yordan Alvarez(26th)

Blake Snell(13th)

Jacob Degrom(5th)

Someone I think is obvious but not 100%

Lucas Giolito(26th)-He had a great 2019 especially as a FA add for my team but got hurt at the end. Hopefully 100% for opening day and my 5th keeper? Also Degrom costs a 1st to keep next year so if I keep Gio and he looks good he could be my long-term #2 for years

The rest: Without knowing the draft order its tough to gauge the value on these 2

Charlie Blackmon(1st), he was great again last year and as long as he's in Colorado he'll put up numbers

Xander Bogaerts(2nd) With Mookie gone, his value might take a hit

Liam Hendricks(26th), I know you dont pay for saves but this is barely paying in a 12 team league

Eduardo Escobar(10th) he was someone I loved last year and he paid off big time given where I got him

Jean Segura(17th) he's very meh but the cost is low and he'd likely fill a 2nd/SS flex spot

Zach Wheeler(24th) good value with some upside

Miguel Sano(13th) he was my playoff savior last year but maybe not the best value either. 

I know this is alot but I'd love any help I can get! I also would be willing to help too just @ me. 

Giolito and Bogaerts.  Gio is an easy obvious keeper IMO. Even if he isnt what he was last year, he is well worth that in a 26 round draft.  Given the number of people kept, I can't see a much better option in the 2nd than Bogaerts would be.  If not him, then I would keep Sano.  His draft status is top 100 so a 13th is easily good value. 

9 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Giolito and Bogaerts.  Gio is an easy obvious keeper IMO. Even if he isnt what he was last year, he is well worth that in a 26 round draft.  Given the number of people kept, I can't see a much better option in the 2nd than Bogaerts would be.  If not him, then I would keep Sano.  His draft status is top 100 so a 13th is easily good value. 

Thanks, I just found out I have the 2nd pick in the draft so Bogaerts in the late 2nd is good value. Blackmon might be my pick at #2 but no need to spend a keeper if there is better value. I'm fine with letting the bottom 4 go but its tough to let Liam Hendricks go for next to nothing but he could regress and be just an above average RP

Is Xander less valuable now that Mookie is gone though?

Need help with my 2020 keepers. We get to keep 8 players. Its H2H scoring, ESPN standard scoring for the most part. I can choose between the following guys. 

C Wilson Contreras
2B Heston Kiura
SS Manny Machado
SS Fernando Tatis Jr.
OF Cody Bellinger
OF Aaron Judge
OF Eloy Jimenez
SS Wander Franco
SP Walker Buehler
SP Chris Paddack
SP Charlie Morton
SP Forrest Whitley
SP Alex Reyes
SP Jesus Luzardo
SP MacKenzie Gore
SP Dylan Cease
SP Dustin May
SP Michael Kopech

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thanks, I just found out I have the 2nd pick in the draft so Bogaerts in the late 2nd is good value. Blackmon might be my pick at #2 but no need to spend a keeper if there is better value. I'm fine with letting the bottom 4 go but its tough to let Liam Hendricks go for next to nothing but he could regress and be just an above average RP

Is Xander less valuable now that Mookie is gone though?

My thoughts are, is it it likely that Xader is a top 2/3 pick in the draft where you would need to use a 1st to get him back or do you think he would still be available in the 2nd?  If you are talking about having to draft Blackmon in the first, I would say Xander easily still has his value.  Mookie wasnt the only good offensive player in Boston.  I think X still puts up big numbers and is a solid 2nd round pick.  I think having top level talent is more important than mid level talent and a last round pick price.  That just tells me you play the wire well enough to fill in the gaps.  There will be other new closers or cheap options that pop up to make up for losing Hendricks.  

27 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Need help with my 2020 keepers. We get to keep 8 players. Its H2H scoring, ESPN standard scoring for the most part. I can choose between the following guys. 

C Wilson Contreras
2B Heston Kiura
SS Manny Machado
SS Fernando Tatis Jr.
OF Cody Bellinger
OF Aaron Judge
OF Eloy Jimenez
SS Wander Franco
SP Walker Buehler

SP Chris Paddack
SP Charlie Morton
SP Forrest Whitley
SP Alex Reyes
SP Jesus Luzardo
SP MacKenzie Gore
SP Dylan Cease
SP Dustin May
SP Michael Kopech

Nice collection of talent.  See the bolded above.  I might consider not keeping Machado and keeping Paddock or Luzardo instead but I feel like you could probably trade Manny for something a little better if you needed to. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My thoughts are, is it it likely that Xader is a top 2/3 pick in the draft where you would need to use a 1st to get him back or do you think he would still be available in the 2nd?  If you are talking about having to draft Blackmon in the first, I would say Xander easily still has his value.  Mookie wasnt the only good offensive player in Boston.  I think X still puts up big numbers and is a solid 2nd round pick.  I think having top level talent is more important than mid level talent and a last round pick price.  That just tells me you play the wire well enough to fill in the gaps.  There will be other new closers or cheap options that pop up to make up for losing Hendricks.  

Thanks Sllim, at the end of the day you’re right. Top talent wins out and especially now that its a late 2nd to keep I’m better off keeping X. Helps that i have 3 good pitching options too

Itll take a while to figure out who the best guys available will be but I’m thinking Blackmon and Harper are the tops

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Nice collection of talent.  See the bolded above.  I might consider not keeping Machado and keeping Paddock or Luzardo instead but I feel like you could probably trade Manny for something a little better if you needed to. 

I’d take Morton over Paddock or Luzardo but to each their own. Is Franco expected to come on like gangbusters?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’d take Morton over Paddock or Luzardo but to each their own. Is Franco expected to come on like gangbusters?

In a keeper league I take the young pitcher over the 36 year old any day of the week. Especially if they are close. And yeah, Franco is the next phenom.  Worth keeping in a dynasty league, or even an extended keeper league like this seems to be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Fangraphs gave Franco a 80 FV. It's not the do all, say all but in comparison they graded Vladdy 70 and Acuna Jr 65 as prospects.

I think the last 80 was Mike Trout 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In a keeper league I take the young pitcher over the 36 year old any day of the week. Especially if they are close. And yeah, Franco is the next phenom.  Worth keeping in a dynasty league, or even an extended keeper league like this seems to be. 

Good lord, I knew Morton had some years on him but not like that. My bad lol

13 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Fangraphs gave Franco a 80 FV. It's not the do all, say all but in comparison they graded Vladdy 70 and Acuna Jr 65 as prospects.

I think the last 80 was Mike Trout 

I knew he was expected to be a stud, I'm still reeling from Byron Buxton though, wasted alot of time on him

Is Franco going to start in the majors? My league only has 4 bench spots so stashing someone that might sit for half a year would be tough to do(assuming he isn't already kept)

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I knew he was expected to be a stud, I'm still reeling from Byron Buxton though, wasted alot of time on him

Is Franco going to start in the majors? My league only has 4 bench spots so stashing someone that might sit for half a year would be tough to do(assuming he isn't already kept)

You and me both on Buxton lol and Franco won't be up unless he scorches AA for a few months. Tampa doesn't rush guys

• Like 1