Saints facing discipline after breaking covid protocols

Forge

23 hours ago, Duluther said:

Why would the NFL go out of their way to punish the Saints, one of their more (recently) lucrative and successful franchises?

I mean, tbf, I would have made it open season for their incessant whining and fan reaction after they failed to capitalize on OT in the NFCCG a couple years back.

I lived there at the time and people were buying extra Saints memorabilia for parties to "stick it to Goodell". 

It's kind of a win/win. I just wish they'd drop the facade of innocence and just rebrand as the Martyrs. It goes better with their franchise persecution schtick. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 6:56 AM, iknowcool said:

I mean, the season is over and I’m sure the NFL isn’t gonna punish anyone for not social distancing when no games are scheduled.

And yet, rules are rules, correct? You can't put rules in place and then selectively enforce them. Did Covid magically disappear when the Super Bowl ended? Or is this more of the hypocrisy that are Covid rules in general? Because Covid knows Tampa was celebrating a Super Bowl win and not a regular season win, so everyone is safe. 🙄

4 hours ago, SWATcha said:

And yet, rules are rules, correct? You can't put rules in place and then selectively enforce them. Did Covid magically disappear when the Super Bowl ended? Or is this more of the hypocrisy that are Covid rules in general? Because Covid knows Tampa was celebrating a Super Bowl win and not a regular season win, so everyone is safe. 🙄

The rules were in place so the NFL season wouldn’t be jeopardized. 

Not even close to the same scenario. 

• Like 1