Josh Gordon

malak1

Would anyone here object to giving Josh Gordon a shot next season, provided he’s reinstated? I think it’s a low-risk, high reward move. He **seems** to have cleaned up his act. I’m sure he can be had for cheap, and at the first sign of trouble, we can cut him, no fuss, no muss.

What say you?

Edit: Also, he’s relatively young, healthy, and it’s really a position of need for us.

With an incentive-based deal absolutely. He couldn't command much, and while he wasn't the same in 14 as he was in 13 he would still be better than what we have right now.

That being said, I don't think his return will be very good regardless of who he signs with. as  WR 3-4 though he could make some splash plays. He is an undeniable talent, just don't know about his commitment. I get flashbacks of Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon when I think of massively wasted talents.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

I have no problems making him next year's victor cruz.  bring him to camp see what happens.  but if he is the crown jewel of the bears FA WR crop then we are in trouble

There's not many crown jewels that will be available unfortunately. Bears will be getting Meredith back and they should draft a WR at some point in 2018. Lets say Gordon is added to that along with resigning Kendall Wright... I think this WR group is in a much better position.

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

There's not many crown jewels that will be available unfortunately. Bears will be getting Meredith back and they should draft a WR at some point in 2018. Lets say Gordon is added to that along with resigning Kendall Wright... I think this WR group is in a much better position.

It is a potential big boom deal, that should come with minimal risk. The guy isn't getting even $5 mil in a year from the most desperate team. I think he signs something like $2 mil for his first year with incentives and little to no guarantee.

• 1 month later...

Archived