House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

Finally able to watch and am bummed. Regardless, a fantastic episode and it was perfectly shot and executed. 

Watched the dialogue from the creators afterwards and they said "we don't know the condition of Sunfyre or Aegon"...... How the hell could either of them had survived that??

34 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Finally able to watch and am bummed. Regardless, a fantastic episode and it was perfectly shot and executed. 

Watched the dialogue from the creators afterwards and they said "we don't know the condition of Sunfyre or Aegon"...... How the hell could either of them had survived that??

Dragons are magic. 

Aegon is basically anakin 2.0 but we've seen literal zombies in GOT so you'd be amazed at what "medicine" can do.

10 hours ago, Xmad said:

Dragons are magic. 

Aegon is basically anakin 2.0 but we've seen literal zombies in GOT so you'd be amazed at what "medicine" can do.

You are right in the sense of I forget this world is what this world is (The Mountain being an example) but this would be some gnarly magic to keep these two going lol. Sunfyre was breathing very faintly at the end so there's that to lean on but still.... Guess we'll see

Looks back I’m realizing how stupid Rhaenyra’s plan to go to KL to persuade Alicent was. Did she think Alicent could just go to her council and be like “ so hey guys, I know my grandsons head was just cut off his body, but let’s just give her the claim to the throne”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Looks back I’m realizing how stupid Rhaenyra’s plan to go to KL to persuade Alicent was. Did she think Alicent could just go to her council and be like “ so hey guys, I know my grandsons head was just cut off his body, but let’s just give her the claim to the throne”

In that context, yeah, it's really stupid but if you look at it as "you misunderstood the king as he was dying and this war will cost hundreds of thousands of lives" it makes it a little easier to understand her motivation.

I can see both sides

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Alicent started going full Cersei this past episode.  You never go full Cersei.

after-4-episodes-what-do-you-think-about

Full Cersei in what way? Not arguing, just curious.

To me it seems like she’s coming to terms with/knows Viserys actually didn’t change his mind last minute, but she knows that revealing that won’t change a thing, so what good would it do. The war has started, heirs have died on both sides, it’s irreversible at this point. I don’t find her stance particularly “evil” or “maniacal” like Cersei seemed to be at times. I feel like maybe some book readers may see it differently, but tbh Alicent hasn’t been any more annoying/manipulative than Rhaenyra at this point in the show imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Full Cersei in what way? Not arguing, just curious.

To me it seems like she’s coming to terms with/knows Viserys actually didn’t change his mind last minute, but she knows that revealing that won’t change a thing, so what good would it do. The war has started, heirs have died on both sides, it’s irreversible at this point. I don’t find her stance particularly “evil” or “maniacal” like Cersei seemed to be at times. I feel like maybe some book readers may see it differently, but tbh Alicent hasn’t been any more annoying/manipulative than Rhaenyra at this point in the show imo

It was mostly a joke about her getting drunk and saying terrible things to people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In that context, yeah, it's really stupid but if you look at it as "you misunderstood the king as he was dying and this war will cost hundreds of thousands of lives" it makes it a little easier to understand her motivation.

I can see both sides

But there was still no way Alicent could just end the war if she went to the council “hey guys so I misunderstood what the king said”. No matter what was said between them two, the war was gonna happen.  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

But there was still no way Alicent could just end the war if she went to the council “hey guys so I misunderstood what the king said”. No matter what was said between them two, the war was gonna happen.  

It was a selfish decision about her needing closure. She almost got 3 different versions of it while talking to Alicent, but she got what she needed.

A small part of her still believed (naively) that her and Alicent could somehow figure out a sort of peace before all out dragon warfare was unleashed. Rhaenyra needed to hear it from Alicent herself, or a small part of her would continue to believe that this war wasn't necessary and she'd hold back.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

Why do these dip****s keep postulating Aemond becomes the night king. The night king has been around for thousands of years and GoT literally shows him being ******* created 

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

They are really trying to prop up Rhaneyra as a character by giving her stuff to do that Daemon did in the book.

Is she not as prominent in the books? I feel like she's not really used often in the show so if she's getting more screen time for other people's tasks in the books, that gives me the impression she's just.... well, kinda just there lol