If you were transplanted into a computer....

Kiwibrown

Id be dead  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If you were made a non-biological AI.

• Id be dead
    • Id be alive
    • Id be skynet watch yourself.

8 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

i mean maybe, but why would you be confident bout anything like that lol

The odds that we aren’t are low enough that I have no problem making a definitive statement.

Also, for anyone curious about this, have a listen

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

The odds that we aren’t are low enough that I have no problem making a definitive statement.

Also, for anyone curious about this, have a listen

If I watch this, am I going to go into an existential-angst panic attack..

I say I would be dead, but both answers are viable depending on how you define the terms "alive" and "dead". For purposes of this discussion, I'm intrinsically tying those terms to biological processes.  In that sense, I'm dead.  I had active biological processes and now I don't.  I can never truly know if what resides in the computer is still my consciousness as it is now and not or just an incredibly advanced simulation.  But whatever it is, whether it's my soul or my mind or whatever you want to call it, it is not "alive". 

On the other hand, if you tie the terms "alive" or "dead" to you ability to perceive, act as an independent agent and perceive stimuli, I would think you could make a case that you're still alive. 

15 hours ago, cddolphin said:

If I watch this, am I going to go into an existential-angst panic attack..

didn't watch the video but I believe I can summarize. eventually we are gonna have the technology to make simulations (or there is no reason to believe the technology won't exist) and we are going to make a lot or the simulations are going to themselves make a lot of simulations and the probability that we are the original creators of the simulations is extremely low. so 1 og and infinite simulations, low chance we are the ogs.

or maybe it is something else

Archived