Next 10-year TV deals could be done “within a month”

DigInBoys

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Im surprised Amazon and or Apple didn’t get in on this more. I think they’ll be regretting it down the road. 

Disney owned rights to MNF.   Not that surprising.  

Later in the article it notes Amazon & NFLN Is going to take over TNF instead of Fox.    And it’s believed the other deals the TV revenue increase is far greater than 30 percent.  

I’ve said it in other threads I’ll repeat it now - this is the reason teams like Cleveland and Baltimore are trying to lock their QB’s up to long extensions 2 years ahead of the actual time deadlines (and first chance to extend with Rd1 rookie deals).  It’s a calculated risk to get ahead of the cap and future QB contract numbers.  

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Im surprised Amazon and or Apple didn’t get in on this more. I think they’ll be regretting it down the road. 

Amazon getting into the SB rotation could be huge for them. Can you imagine streaming the SB on prime and right after the confetti falls, hey here is your SB Champ gear with free prime shipping!, pop up right there on your screen. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Apparently Amazon is getting Thursday night football in 2023. Which would air on NFL Network and Twitch too.

Surprised they didn’t do a bigger push too. But I wonder if part of it is Bezos reportedly trying to weasel into an ownership spot.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Apparently Amazon is getting Thursday night football in 2023. Which would air on NFL Network and Twitch too.

Surprised they didn’t do a bigger push too. But I wonder if part of it is Bezos reportedly trying to weasel into an ownership spot.

Bezo is stepping down. I don’t think that would effect him being an owner now. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Bezo is stepping down. I don’t think that would effect him being an owner now. 

True true, but he’d still be a large shareholder correct? Just thinking logically he’d somewhat be paying himself if he owned a team. Don’t really know his situation though.