Jump to content

Jaguars hire Amy Palcic to lead communications.


Recommended Posts

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If only she was around earlier she could've communicated with you that hiring Doyle was a bad idea

This was probably a result of that debacle.

Good that the team apparently recognized an issue with this and took a step to make sure that type of thing is less likely to happen again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pwny said:

This was probably a result of that debacle.

Good that the team apparently recognized an issue with this and took a step to make sure that type of thing is less likely to happen again.

Yeah. Feels a little bit like a multi-faceted response to that whole debacle. 
 

Hopefully she’s as good as touted. Probably going to have her work cut out for her. 
 

But Tony just getting on Twitter and publicly fighting with players and passive aggressively antagonizing and smearing the reputation of the team around just wasn’t cutting it for PR anymore...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ET80 said:

With Urban in the fold? No chance. 😂

But yeah, this seems like a killer hire. With how bad our PR has been for the past few years here this is refreshing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, .Buzz said:

With Urban in the fold? No chance. 😂

But yeah, this seems like a killer hire. With how bad our PR has been for the past few years here this is refreshing.

The media loved Bill O'Brien during Palcic's time, so yeah - Meyer would be tolerated at the very least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone who knows how to handle PR, and actually seems to care about the team’s responsibility to their community is much needed. And it seems like we got one of the best.

Hopefully they listen to her when Urban decides he might want to look past the issues a player or coach might have, and only do so if it’s a justifiable move.

Cautiously optimistic that the biggest worry for Urban’s tenure might have someone in play who cares enough to combat it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Touche

Palcic hid the bodies - prior to her dismissal, the Texans were an "up and coming" team with a young franchise QB at their disposal. Jack Easterby was in the building doing his thing, Cal McNair was doing his Tommy Boy thing, but nobody really seemed to notice because Palcic kept the sharks at bay - the dysfunction was well hidden.

Now, they're the most dysfunctional franchise in sports (probably worse than the Knicks) with the worst sort of Q rating across just about anyone who has interest in the NFL - their stupidity is now a national story, and it's only going to get worse.

Palcic has every main media member on her speed dial, and really elevates players as great people to the masses. It's not just Trevor Lawrence who will benefit from this - think of the unsung stars on Jacksonville, James Robinson or DJ Chark or Myles Jack.

Palcic is a kingmaker in that respect. She wrangles in the media to the teams' advantage and distracts people from any warts that might be there.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Palcic hid the bodies - prior to her dismissal, the Texans were an "up and coming" team with a young franchise QB at their disposal. Jack Easterby was in the building doing his thing, Cal McNair was doing his Tommy Boy thing, but nobody really seemed to notice because Palcic kept the sharks at bay - the dysfunction was well hidden.

Now, they're the most dysfunctional franchise in sports (probably worse than the Knicks) with the worst sort of Q rating across just about anyone who has interest in the NFL - their stupidity is now a national story, and it's only going to get worse.

Palcic has every main media member on her speed dial, and really elevates players as great people to the masses. It's not just Trevor Lawrence who will benefit from this - think of the unsung stars on Jacksonville, James Robinson or DJ Chark or Myles Jack.

Palcic is a kingmaker in that respect. She wrangles in the media to the teams' advantage and distracts people from any warts that might be there.

giphy.gif

I've KILLED IT!!!!!   I've killed my team!!!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...